The Student Room Group

I converted from Islam to Christianity AMA

Was from a Muslim family and grew up as a Muslim. Decided two months ago, at the age of 19, that I would become a Christian. I initially found out about Jesus and his story at school during an RE lesson. I didn't learn much in school and didn't really think of it. But straying from last year, I became more interested in Christianity and I didn't feel that Islam was really the truth. For all my life, I was a pretty average Muslim, I went to jummah every week, I prayed and read the Quran. I did believe it but when I found out about the gospel of Jesus Christ, it made so much sense. It resonated with me. The fact that Jesus came to Earth as fully man and fully God, performed miracles, lived a life free of any sin and then died on the Cross for our sins made so much sense. I read John and the Christian view of salvation through faith rather than through our deeds made so much sense. I mean, Muhammad wasn't a perfect man but Jesus was. Jesus lived a perfect life. Yet he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Now, I do believe in the gospel. I believe that Jesus Christ is fully God, fully man and that he came to Earth and made the ultimate sacrifice on the cross. I believe that we are all flawed and have all failed to meet God's moral standards. Therefore, none of us are worthy of entering Heaven. But God loved us so much that he came as Jesus Christ the Son, and made the sacrifice on the cross so we can be saved DESPITE what we have done, not because of it.

I'm happy I made this decision and I'm finding out more and more every day.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think my faith is growing every day. And today on Good Friday I want to thank Christ what he did for us. I want to share my story with you guys in the hope that it inspires someone. Maybe you won't make the decision that I did but maybe you will do something good.
Oooh you usually hear people converting from Christianity to Islam. Do your parent know?
Original post by Anonymous
I think my faith is growing every day. And today on Good Friday I want to thank Christ what he did for us. I want to share my story with you guys in the hope that it inspires someone. Maybe you won't make the decision that I did but maybe you will do something good.

Lovely to hear - congratulations. :smile:
Hey thanks for sharing !! Don't forget that after He was killed by the Romans, Our Lord rose from the dead. Have a great Easter weekend.
Reply 5
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Oooh you usually hear people converting from Christianity to Islam. Do your parent know?

Sort of, they know I'm not really a religious Muslim like my brother and stuff but I do need to tell them that I decided to become a Christian. Theyre not that religious tbh so I don't think they will care too much. I think my other relatives like my uncles will care more though. They're very religious.
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
Hey thanks for sharing !! Don't forget that after He was killed by the Romans, Our Lord rose from the dead. Have a great Easter weekend.

Yes I know. I'm finding out more and more and Jesus' life is so inspiring. What he did for us is amazing

Have a great Easter! Thanks
'I believe that Jesus Christ is fully God, fully man'

How can you compare God to creation? John 20:17 Jesus doesn't claim he is God yet you make that claim, how does this make sense
Reply 8
I want to add that I have nothing against Islam or the people that practise it. It's not because of a hatred of Islam but because of a love of Jesus Christ that I changed.
You kinda jumped from 1 sinking ship to another. Just the latter is less hated in the Western World. However, if it makes you feel more in touch with yourself and 'God', then great for you, and I wish you goodluck!
Sort of, they know I'm not really a religious Muslim like my brother and stuff but I do need to tell them that I decided to become a Christian. Theyre not that religious tbh so I don't think they will care too much. I think my other relatives like my uncles will care more though. They're very religious.

At least I hope they won't care. They're not one of those crazy radicals so they're not going to stone me but it will be a hard conversation for sure
Original post by MADMANMALIK
You kinda jumped from 1 sinking ship to another. Just the latter is less hated in the Western World. However, if it makes you feel more in touch with yourself and 'God', then great for you, and I wish you goodluck!

By sinking ship, do you mean that as in popularity? Because I know that Christianity is losing influence in this country but that doesn't matter to me because salvation through faith is timeless and the option will always be there.
Reply 12
Amen, let the name of the Lord be praised.

How many Bible chapters do you read per day?
Congratulations on letting Jesus Christ into your life.

Im glad that you are happy in your decision

Once people let the love of Jesus into their hearts, theyll truly be happy and realise he is not only the son but also the true messenger of god.

How can you compare God to creation? John 20:17 Jesus doesn't claim he is God yet you make that claim, how does this make sense

It's confusing to explain but simply Jesus is the human form of God. (1 Timothy 3:16)
bait.
Have a meaningful easter!

Jesus said that his Father was in Heaven. He performed miracles, he healed people and he live a sinless life to prove that he was God. He never had to say the exact words 'I am God' but he proved it instead.
Why would Jesus as a God, sacrifice himself for his creations sins? Makes no sense.
Original post by TheSoutherner
Congratulations on letting Jesus Christ into your life.

Im glad that you are happy in your decision

Once people let the love of Jesus into their hearts, theyll truly be happy and realise he is not only the son but also the true messenger of god.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest