SOAS History of Art + Archaeology (Asia, Africa, Europe)

Watch
skyerobinson44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!
I've been accepted to SOAS History of Art + Archaeology (Asia, Africa, Europe) which means that I'll be attending both SOAS and UCL (Asian + African art at SOAS and European art at UCL). Is anyone else taking this course or is a current student doing this course? I'm very confused as to how this works. Does this mean that we are officially a part of UCL? When we graduate do we get a degree from both institutions? How do we know which courses we have to take at UCL (there is nothing on their website about this course)? Can someone please just clarify this course for me because I have to narrow down my decision on unis soon. Thanks so much!
SOAS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by skyerobinson44)
Hello!
I've been accepted to SOAS History of Art + Archaeology (Asia, Africa, Europe) which means that I'll be attending both SOAS and UCL (Asian + African art at SOAS and European art at UCL). Is anyone else taking this course or is a current student doing this course? I'm very confused as to how this works. Does this mean that we are officially a part of UCL? When we graduate do we get a degree from both institutions? How do we know which courses we have to take at UCL (there is nothing on their website about this course)? Can someone please just clarify this course for me because I have to narrow down my decision on unis soon. Thanks so much!
Hi

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Students doing the BA History of Art + Archaeology (Asia, Africa, Europe) enrol at SOAS and are SOAS students. They will need to go to UCL to register for the UCL modules (so check when you need to register at UCL). The final degree will be awarded by SOAS but it will mention which individual modules were taken at UCL.

The module choice for UCL is not shown on the SOAS website because UCL is a separate university. Therefore you will need to check the UCL website for information about which modules are offered for the Europe part of this degree. Alternatively for further information on the UCL part of this course please contact Mr Charles Ford at University College London,Telephone 020-7679 7541, Email [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads