The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Education Studies Primary OU

I've registered to start part time in Oct 2017, is anyone else doing the same? I'm very excited! (Mature student, 28yrs with 2 children under the age of 5)
Reply 1
I've accepted a place at the university of derby. I am also 28 (nearly 29) with 2 children. I'm just deciding whether to go for full time though as my uni only require me in 3 half days to complete in 3 years. I think it's always tricky to balance children with study but ideally don't want to study for 6 years then progress to a further 1 year to gain QTS and be a teacher.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 2
I've joined the same course Katy, do they have any kind of forum for us all to talk I can't find anything. I'm really excited to get started I'm 25 and have a 1 and a half year old.
Reply 3
Original post by Mammylife
I've joined the same course Katy, do they have any kind of forum for us all to talk I can't find anything. I'm really excited to get started I'm 25 and have a 1 and a half year old.

I don't think there is. at least I haven't found one where are you both studying?
Reply 4
I am doing this through open university part time too! Although there was a problem with my student finance so need to get that sorted asap! So I'm hoping I can start it anyway!
I work part time at the minute but not in education, and have a three year old!
Does anyone know if the part time module you do first if you have to do any work experience? I am sure I read you do but wasn't sure if that was for the full time people?

Quick Reply