The Student Room Group

Speed Awareness Courses

Hey guys just a quick one, I'm fully aware that the speed a motorist is clocked at affects whether they will be offered a speed awareness course, but does past points? IE if somebody ticks the criteria of not having attended a course previously and was at a sufficiently low speed, but has points on a license, does that affect eligibility? (Of course i know its at a police discretion, just as a rule of thumb though)
Thanks in advance
Original post by DeanRoberts
Hey guys just a quick one, I'm fully aware that the speed a motorist is clocked at affects whether they will be offered a speed awareness course, but does past points? IE if somebody ticks the criteria of not having attended a course previously and was at a sufficiently low speed, but has points on a license, does that affect eligibility? (Of course i know its at a police discretion, just as a rule of thumb though)
Thanks in advance

If you'd already got points for something, I think it's unlikely you'd be offered a speed awareness course - I would have though this would all weigh in the balance of whether 'discretion' was offered or not.
Reply 2
I believe it depends what the points were for - if the points were for speeding then you've got no chance - if they were for something else, they'd probably be viewed as irrelevant.
Original post by IWMTom
I believe it depends what the points were for - if the points were for speeding then you've got no chance - if they were for something else, they'd probably be viewed as irrelevant.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest