The Student Room Group

Would you say my sister was being selfish or not?

Just wanted your opinions on this, my sister is 14 years old and and 2 months ago me, her and my parents (also aunt and uncle) went on a camping holiday. My sister does athletics and had this club competition thing the week after we got back. So she asked my mum how long we were staying cause she wanted to be back in time for her sport. my mum said she wasn't that sure it depends but probably only 1 week so my sister eventually decided to come. Anyway we went and my sister went for a run every morning. At the end of the week my aunt said that she would like to stay longer because of the nice weather and all that and go over to cornwall as we were near there.

Everyone was off work the next week so liked the idea .My sister started saying 'I thought we only planned to be here for a week' and my mum said 'no I said we 'might' stay for a week'. After a conversation my aunt came in and heard it. She said 'I tell you what, we'l all have a vote on it who wants to stay and who wants to go home' and my sister didn't like this. After mithering my mum about how this wasn't fair as she'd been training every morning my dad said 'well exercise is good and will benefit you anyway' and she protested and started saying how she had to be back so my dad got annoyed and said ' piss off', she said 'fine I will' and walked out of the motorhome and no one could find her for an hour.

We all wanted to go out to explore a town and my uncle was annoyed saying she is trying to ruin it for us all and when she eventually came back my aunt told her (my sister) calmly that she thought she was being very selfish. My sister said that she wasn't stopping her from going home and my aunt said 'well we are on on holiday/travelling together). Anyway we went for the day out but she was 'playing up' (as my aunt put it) for the rest of the day cause she was going to miss her competition. We went to cornwall she seemed to enjoy it and had a good time but my aunt is annoyed at her and says she tried to ruin the holiday. I don't know who's in the wrong as I wanted to stay another week too but I feel sorry for her that she missed her competition and she won't let my mum forget it. Do you think its unfair what happened to her or is she spoilt as my family are saying? She did sort of cause an argument on the holiday my uncle said she was trying to spoil it. Not really looking for advice just opinions..
No... she came under the impression that you will probably stay for a week.

Mind you this should have been clarified from beforehand.

A solution, she goes home to someone after the week is over, the rest of you stay on.
It's a tough one cause your mum never said it was definitely going to be only a week's holiday, only that it "probably" will, but then she also knew your sister had a competition she wanted to get back for so should have made it clear that there was a possibility of her missing it if she came on the holiday
I agree they should have made it clear how long they intended to stay for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending