The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Questions I have about Glasgow

Hi all! I am from America and am currently trying to decide between unconditional offers at Glasgow for Sociology and Politics, St Andrews for Social Anthropology, and QMUL for International Relations and Politics. I have several questions I would love to get some answers and thoughts on before having to make a decision. Some of my questions are:

-What is student life like/what does student life revolve around at the school?
-I know St Andrews has a lot of traditions, which I really love. Are there any traditions at Glasgow?
-What are some major pros and cons of the school?
-I know St Andrews typically has the stereotype of the students being "posh." Is there a stereotype of Glasgow students? (obviously I know stereotypes are rarely true and often apply to only a small percentage of students but I still find it helpful to know what others perception is of students at particular universities)
-After graduating I would ideally like to move to New York (or possibly San Francisco) and get a job involving writing, public relations, communications, and/or politics. Would attending this course at Glasgow enable and help me to achieve this goal?
-Since UK uni calendars are somewhat different from US uni calendars, would it still be possible for me to come back and intern in the US (hopefully New York) over the summer? Also does Glasgow have particularly good connections and resources to help me find these internships?

Any answers or thoughts on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge!
You've already asked (and received an answer) to these questions: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70946388&postcount=2
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending