World Challenge

Watch
supergirl12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm taking part in world challenge in the summer of 2018 to Nepal and i have to raise £3,000 and i was wondering if anyone had any good fund-raising ideas so that i can get to my goal quicker. And if anyone has done world challenge is there any advices i should no ???
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by supergirl12345)
So I'm taking part in world challenge in the summer of 2018 to Nepal and i have to raise £3,000 and i was wondering if anyone had any good fund-raising ideas so that i can get to my goal quicker. And if anyone has done world challenge is there any advices i should no ???
My friend is doing it has has almost raised her target. She is a performer so has gone busking and held a few fundraising gigs in our local cafe. Also, she uses
www.easyfundraising.org.uk
and has raised a fair amount on there as well. If you've never heard of it, it's bascially a website that gives you a certain % of your online spending back towards a fundraising cause (I use it for GirlGuiding as well, it's great) for free. She got about £350 from her aunt who booked a holiday via the website so she essentially got £350 for free towards World Challenge.

If you're not up for those, perhaps the old fashioned methods might work. Speak to your local supermarket and ask if you can do an afternoon bag packing. Get a few friends (maybe other people who are going) to help you out. Through Guiding, we raise almost £100 each time. Speak to a local club or village hall about using their space one afternoon for an event. Maybe a games afternoon with things like hook-a-duck or splat the rat, or rent out tables to people for a jumble sale (maybe collect 15% of what they make). Don't underestimate selling refreshments too. Ebay can always be good if you have lots of things in your room to sell.

To get £3k will take time, but you'll get there. Search google for fundraising tips and ideas. Websites like Comic Relief and Children in Need are good starters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads