Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want my ex back but we're both in relationships with other people... Watch

Announcements

I know this post must sound really screwed up, but it's a long and complicated story.

I was with my ex for 3 years. She was my world for a long time, but things started getting bad, lots of fights, our depression clashing, etc. I left her after an big argument. Told her I couldn't do it anymore. I was upset but I just felt I couldn't go on like it anymore...

I started hanging out with our mutual friend everyday after our break up and we ended up getting together about a week later. I broke my ex girlfriends heart and I felt absolutely terrible about it and still do to this day.

It's been a few months now and I've started to realise I still love my ex and although I care about my current girlfriend very much (she really helped take my mind off the heartbreak I was feeling during the break up) I know it's not the same depth of feeling I feel for my ex.

My ex has been having therapy and getting over her depression, and I have to say I've been so touched by the dignity she has had since our break up. Never once has she lashed out at me, even though I know I broke her heart. I've known I still love her since the day we broke up and I've always wanted her back, but I just feel so terrible about what I've done that I'm unsure I'll ever get over the guilt if we were to get back together. My ex is an incredible person and I know she deserves so much better than me after how I've treated her. I know she would consider getting back together with me because just a month ago she told me she's still in love with me...

I didn't know what to say at the time. Although I feel the same way, the thought of breaking up with my current girlfriend and crushing another person's heart destroys me...

Now I feel physically sick for not saying anything to my ex about my true feelings, because today I just found out she's seeing someone through social media. I miss her more than ever and I know deep down she wouldn't be with this guy if I'd had the courage to tell my ex I still loved her too...

What do I do, guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this post must sound really screwed up, but it's a long and complicated story.

I was with my ex for 3 years. She was my world for a long time, but things started getting bad, lots of fights, our depression clashing, etc. I left her after an big argument. Told her I couldn't do it anymore. I was upset but I just felt I couldn't go on like it anymore...

I started hanging out with our mutual friend everyday after our break up and we ended up getting together about a week later. I broke my ex girlfriends heart and I felt absolutely terrible about it and still do to this day.

It's been a few months now and I've started to realise I still love my ex and although I care about my current girlfriend very much (she really helped take my mind off the heartbreak I was feeling during the break up) I know it's not the same depth of feeling I feel for my ex.

My ex has been having therapy and getting over her depression, and I have to say I've been so touched by the dignity she has had since our break up. Never once has she lashed out at me, even though I know I broke her heart. I've known I still love her since the day we broke up and I've always wanted her back, but I just feel so terrible about what I've done that I'm unsure I'll ever get over the guilt if we were to get back together. My ex is an incredible person and I know she deserves so much better than me after how I've treated her. I know she would consider getting back together with me because just a month ago she told me she's still in love with me...

I didn't know what to say at the time. Although I feel the same way, the thought of breaking up with my current girlfriend and crushing another person's heart destroys me...

Now I feel physically sick for not saying anything to my ex about my true feelings, because today I just found out she's seeing someone through social media. I miss her more than ever and I know deep down she wouldn't be with this guy if I'd had the courage to tell my ex I still loved her too...

What do I do, guys?

Tell her this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well, overall it's over. There is no way you and her can get back together in the same way that it was before.

First off, if I was your girlfriend and you made efforts to get back to me especially since you have a girlfriend, I'd think you'd be the biggest loser in the world to get back with me when you have a current girlfriend to deal with.

Your name, is off the list for her. She's now seeing someone else.

The well is poisoned, I'm sorry, look to the future. Getting back with her will symbolise your desperation and believe me no one likes desperate people.

ReputationRep:
    Leave her alone and let her move forward with life. You screwed up by having a rebound.

ReputationRep:
    well you need to tell her all of the above and i know it will hurt your current gfs heart but you have to tell her this, if you tell her now, she will be upset but understanding or it and respect u for it
    (Original post by Anonymous)

What do I do, guys?

ReputationRep:
    you need to leave the new girl asap. its cruel to keep her around if you love someone else.

Also leave the old girl alone. she is getting her life together after you hurt her. let her move on and be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a pathetic little b1tch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry pal, the relationship is over and done with. You've both rebounded hard, and that'll have a negative effect on you both should you decide to get back with one another. Not saying it's impossible, but a positive outcome is unlikely.

I'd cut off ties with her and focus on what you have now. Ultimately you haven't even given time for the new relationship to blossom, so of course it won't stand up to your previous. Give it more time, and keep your ex out of the picture. Alternatively, end your current relationship and actually heal from the breakup(s) before considering getting with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    It's over, stop clinging onto past.

ReputationRep:
    Leave both of them alone. You need to stop stringing along your new partner.

ReputationRep:
    You broke up with her, man. You don't get to be upset she's with somebody else.

Go ahead and tell her how you feel. It'll alienate her. You'll lose your current girlfriend(Who you shouldn't be with, anyway) and you'll both feel super awkward about the whole thing.

It's basically a lose-lose situation for you, but I think you need that right now.

ReputationRep:
    well, if you are still not over your ex than the fairest thing to do would be to tell your new partner the truth so that everyone can move on with their lives. it is not fair to be with someone else when you are not over another person as this can cause strain and ultimately negatively impact your current partner.

ReputationRep:
    Only you know what you need to do, at the end of the day. We can give our opinions but you have to do what's right for you. In my opinion, you need to consider whether the current relationship is right for you at this point in time. If you are thinking about your ex (or anyone else) when you've been together for such a short time then it's a sign you've rushed into things to be honest. It's easy for people to judge you and say that you shouldn't have rebounded- but it's a common thing to do. You feel unhappy in your relastionship, so you end things and then you're left with a painful, empty space (so you try to make up for this pain with a new relationship).In reality, if you get back together with your ex, it's likely that the same things that made you unhappy in the first place will appear again. Not to say it 100% never works a second time, but at the moment you can only think about what you miss about her. You need time to heal and learn to be by yourself. Only then will you know what you honestly want.

ReputationRep:
    good Day I will start by saying to all that have experience heart break and also can't do without their lover should please stop here and read up my story, So as you will know how to go solving or getting your ex back...Am writing this article to appreciate the good work of Dr Olodumare that helped me recently to bring back my Husband that left me for another woman, saying he is tired of me, and hate me and my kids, for the past 3 years. After seeing a post of a woman named LISA WILLIAMS from UK on the internet testifying of how she was helped by Dr Olodumare. I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my husband, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his Dad. Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my husband is now with me again and he is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, winning of lotteries, herbal cure for sickness or job promotion E.T.C. Viewers reading my post here is your solution Dr Olodumare is your solution contact him now on his Email: orikiolodumarespelltemple(at)gma il(dot)com

i promise you, you will never regret contacting HIM : orikiolodumarespelltemple(at)gma il(dot)com

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.