The Student Room Group

Jasmine's (very short) GCSE Journey!

Not long to go now. 30 days till my first exam, to be precise.
Buuuut, I've seen a few of these and I thought I should make one! I need a little more organization in my life.

My mock results were spectacularly terrible but I'd like to think I've improved since, well, I don't think I can possibly do any worse on my real exams so the only way to go now is up! :smile:

The main concern of mine is math, the new 9-1 spec is kicking my ass and at this point, I'd gratefully accept a pass (lmao that rhyme though)- but yeah maths has never been my strong point. I'm hoping for A's in Eng Lit & Lang and RE.

Yeah! That's about it, back to revision :smile:

* Personal goals *
English Literature: A*
English Language: A
Maths: 5
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Religious Studies: A*
History: A
Geography: A*
Catering: A
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Lxcent
Not long to go now. 30 days till my first exam, to be precise.
Buuuut, I've seen a few of these and I thought I should make one! I need a little more organization in my life.

My mock results were spectacularly terrible but I'd like to think I've improved since, well, I don't think I can possibly do any worse on my real exams so the only way to go now is up! :smile:

The main concern of mine is math, the new 9-1 spec is kicking my ass and at this point, I'd gratefully accept a pass (lmao that rhyme though)- but yeah maths has never been my strong point. I'm hoping for A's in Eng Lit & Lang and RE.

Yeah! That's about it, back to revision :smile:

Hello! :wavey: Thanks for the follow!

I'm liking your determination! With any luck (and hard work, of course :wink:) I'm sure you'll get the grades you want :smile:

There are many people on TSR (myself included!) who are willing to help out with any maths concerns you have. If you have a specific question you can ask it here and I'm sure you'll get help really soon :h:

Will be watching this, good luck! :rave:
Join the club of terrible mock grades :five:
Wishing you the best of luck for your real exams.
What subjects are you taking?
Reply 3
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hello! :wavey: Thanks for the follow!

I'm liking your determination! With any luck (and hard work, of course :wink:) I'm sure you'll get the grades you want :smile:

There are many people on TSR (myself included!) who are willing to help out with any maths concerns you have. If you have a specific question you can ask it here and I'm sure you'll get help really soon :h:

Will be watching this, good luck! :rave:

Hey! Thanks :smile: TSR has already been really helpful maths-wise, I'll be sure to use that if I have any particular questions of my own.
Reply 4
Original post by dania.abdalla
Join the club of terrible mock grades :five:
Wishing you the best of luck for your real exams.
What subjects are you taking?

Hahaha, thank you! I'm taking: Religious Studies, History, Geography, Catering, English literature, English language, Additional science and maths.
Reply 5
15/04/2017
* Biology B2.30 - Digestive system
* Made notes and revised key quotes on the poem 'Tissue'
* Made notes on the poem 'Ozymandias'
* Revised maths

Going to try and get more sleep today, staying up till 3am & waking up at 12 probably isn't very healthy :h:
Reply 6
16/04/2017
* Made notes on the poem 'The Emigrée'
* Notes on River Processes completed
* Started making Frankenstein notes on individual character profiles

didn't manage to do any history revision today so i'll have to pass that on to tomorrow :sigh:
Reply 7
17/04/2017
* Maths tutor - Trigonometry & Past paper Q's
* Revised Crises of CW
* Frankenstein revision notes
Reply 8
I can't wait to go back to school on Thursday, being stuck in the same room everyday is so boring and I'm starting to get really fustrated with revision :sigh: Just feels like I'm overloading myself with information & not taking anything in...
Reply 9
Hi!! So I've been back at school since Thursday & therefore my independent study time has decreased, so I probably won't be making daily updates except on weekends :h:

All is going well though! Tomorrow I have my maths tutor & I need to complete two English Lit essays, as well as a RE question for homework :smile: I'll also try to fit in a poem too, I'm aiming to have flash cards for all 15 of the Power&Conflict poetry (for anyone else doing the new 9-1 Eng GCSES, Mr Bruff's videos on YT are incredibly helpful & indepth on structure and form of the poems! I also believe he does the Love&Relationships poems too.)

Quick Reply

Latest