Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Unclassified, ie. a fail.

ReputationRep:
    It means you failed (as opposed to D=Distinction, M=Merit), along with over half the people who took them:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...285758,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me what the minimum for a distinction is? I think the score's out of 60. My teacher told me I had a distinction in AEA Economics, but didn't tell me the score.

ReputationRep:
    Lolz I still don't know what I got for my silly AEA.

ReputationRep:
    I've got U in physics AEA....

ReputationRep:
    U means you failed to meet the standard for a Merit

ReputationRep:
    oh thx. i didn't take an AEA im just doing gcses and i saw someone mention they got a U and wondered what it meant. do any unis actually ask for AEAs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango1)
    oh thx. i didn't take an AEA im just doing gcses and i saw someone mention they got a U and wondered what it meant. do any unis actually ask for AEAs?
    sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango1)
    do any unis actually ask for AEAs?
    Only if you opt to do them, and even then, it'll be as an alternative, rather than in addition, to your A Levels - e.g. you might get an AAB offer, or ABB with pass in an AEA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    sometimes
    I haven't heard of unis asking "AAA + Merit in AEA ____" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    You get the odd Cambridge college asking for it. So not unis but uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    i think crana needs AAAA and distinction in AEA for camb, and oxford asks for them sometimes too.

u means ultra good.

ReputationRep:
    I failed both mine. Ah well, doesn't concern me one bit!

ReputationRep:
    Eeek!! I have a Merit ..... not too happy with it, but it's alright.

(Original post by lilsunflower)
    Eeek!! I have a Merit ..... not too happy with it, but it's alright.
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i think crana needs AAAA and distinction in AEA for camb, and oxford asks for them sometimes too.
    Whilst I definitely agree the top unis need a new way of differentiating between the best candidates, demanding a Distinction in AEA is over the top. Imagine someone's stress levels knowing their future depends on one very random exam which could go either way.

ReputationRep:
    All of the Oxbridge Geographers at my school (there are 6 of us) failed their AEAs, bar one who achieved a merit. I'm framing my 'U' certficate!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask again, but what's the minimum for a distinction (out of 60) in an AEA?

ReputationRep:
    lol, AEA Irish must be about the least popular exam in existence. And why do they put "classical subjects" as opposed to "Latin" (which is the only classical subject available at AEA)?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.