Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what does U mean in AEA? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Eeek!! I have a Merit ..... not too happy with it, but it's alright.
    !!! Merit is Very Good! I think only about the top 10% in a given subject even take AEAs and only 50% get merit or above. Congratulations, it's a great mark!

ReputationRep:
    I got a Merit in the Physics AEA. Totally unexpected!
    I got a U in the Chemistry one. Totally expected!

ReputationRep:
    i failed my AEA

ReputationRep:
    i think I failed mine by 1 mark

i got 49/100 :mad:

ReputationRep:
    my friend's offer for cambridge chemistry was just a distinction in AEA..... they dint care at all about his A-levels.......

i got a distinction in maths aea..... my maths teacher laughed so hard, i actually entirely left out 3 of the 7 questions, and did crap in the ones i did answer.......lmao, makes you wander who marks these things....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    lol, AEA Irish must be about the least popular exam in existence?
    who the hell does this?

ReputationRep:
    I did AEA maths last year and got a merit (missed a distinction by a couple of marks) and I was told that 70% was for a distinction and 50% for a Merit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiees)
    my friend's offer for cambridge chemistry was just a distinction in AEA..... they dint care at all about his A-levels.......

i got a distinction in maths aea..... my maths teacher laughed so hard, i actually entirely left out 3 of the 7 questions, and did crap in the ones i did answer.......lmao, makes you wander who marks these things....
    hehe

it's easy to make hard questions. it's easy to make do-able questions.

making hard and do-able questions can be a tad difficult which is why results and marking in AEA and STEP papers can be a bit erratic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I haven't heard of unis asking "AAA + Merit in AEA ____" ?
    I have. Someone from school got offered AAAA+ Distinction.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.