The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Em_brookes1
I'm a 15 yr old girl how fast ,on average, should I run 2.5km?? 😃😃

Moved to Fitness

Your question is difficult to answer. It depends on things like how long you've been running. On average, it takes me around 18-20 minutes to run 2.5k.
Reply 2
19 year old girl here. The last time I ran 2.4km the time was 12:11. I reduced that from 20 minutes over 3 months. I know it's 100m short but I've been running for a mile and a half, sorry.
Whatever your time, if you're unhappy with it, change it. Push yourself. Up the pace as soon as you feel comfortable. You don't want to feel comfortable of you want to improve.
Your time over such a short distance doesn't matter as long as you're still improving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really depends on a lot of variables: height, age, fitness, experience, drive/determination etc. If you've never ran a lot before but are in decent enough shape you should aim for less than 20 minutes. I've never directly ran 2.5km before but when I use to run a lot I ran 4 km in 14:30. Just started back up running again so will take me a while to get back to that time. Good luck with your running.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never ran 2.5km but I have done the mile and a half (2.4km) and I did that in just over 19 minutes. I never did it again :lol:
Reply 5
I can do 2.4k, in about 14 minutes or so. Not much of a runner tbh, I could do it in 12-13 minutes if I tried harder.
Depends on your stamina :biggrin: . I do it for about 17m (jogging ) . I love running while watching the sky at 6:40am with my song playlist .
Pass mark for RAF 2.4km (1.5miles) for male is 11.11.

It's 13.23 for female.

I think that's a good bench mark for being relatively fit.

Sub 10 is where you want to be and sub 9 was our aim during training which most achieved.
Reply 8
I can run 3K in 14 minuets, so I imagine 2.5K can be done for me in 11 minuets, if I really pushed hard and had absolutely no intention of running further. Maybe 10. Bearing in mind it has taken me a while to reach this level. It depends on factors - I generally do better at running when it is cold, and I feel down.
Reply 9
My 12 year old daughter just completed a 2.5k time trail at her running club and ran it in 9.41. She has been running competitively for many years though :-)
I'm a 15 year old boy from South Africa and two days I set my PB for 2.5km at 8min 39sec
I’ve never timed myself for 2.5, but at my best I ran a 5k in 29 as an over weight almost thirty female
Original post by Tiger Rag
Moved to Fitness

Your question is difficult to answer. It depends on things like how long you've been running. On average, it takes me around 18-20 minutes to run 2.5k.

Are you sure you weren’t walking it? Lol. Id say i can do it in roughly 12 minutes.
It would take me around 10-12 minutes :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
Are you sure you weren’t walking it? Lol. Id say i can do it in roughly 12 minutes.

Strangely enough, yes I'm sure I'm not walking it.
Reply 15
Original post by HateOCR

Bit harsh 😅
just found this thread as I was wondering the same. Only been running for like 2 months, and did 2.5km in just over 18 mins - so seems like that’s a fair starting point!
A lot of the people on this thread seem like they have been running for a while, so I guess it’s hard to judge
I do 100m in 10.23 seconds
It’ll take me a good few years.
I’m a 13 year old female. I weigh about 130 lbs and I’m 5ft 6. For my school run I did 2.4 k in 12:45 I don’t run although I do many other sports like tennis badminton and soccer. But I don’t ever run. So yeah as an athletic person I say 13-15 minutes should be a good time.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
I’m 16 yr old boy and I run 5K in 30min so 2.5K would probably take me 15min but I tend to run at a slow pace so that I can continue for as long as 5K.

Latest