has anyone got back together with an ex successfully? Watch

em211997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm just curious to hear stories of others who had been on a break/ broken up then got back together? How long was the break? And did the nature of your relationship change in anyway because it? Thanks just recently broke with my partner but I'm hoping space and time will be enough.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got back with my ex after a year apart and we've been together for eight years straight now. We needed that time apart to grow up and have time to ourselves to figure out what we wanted from life. I think it's possible to have a successful relationship with an ex depending on why you broke up. If you broke up due abuse, cheating etc then nope, it's best to just cut your loses and move on but if you broke up due to distance, stress etc then a relationship could be possible if both of you are willing to make it work and give it a chance :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would rather put a gun to my head, not going to lie.

Anyway, plenty of stories out there about ex's getting back together and I'm sure you can find them with a quick Google search. That said, ignore all the stuff that tells you "how to get your ex back"; it's a load of rubbish.

As for you, OP; focus on yourself, and take the time to heal. Not to get your ex back, but to move on. If you get back together in the future, then you will, but otherwise by healing and moving on you set yourself up for a more healthier lifestyle and the chance to meet someone new down the line.
em211997
Rep:
?
I don't want to meet anyone new
Stickman
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Yeah i see what u mean but it's so important for you to take this time just for yourself not for anyone else.

You need this time to improve yourself and tell yourself that you are worth more than this and that there'll be more girls out there coming your way.

Only time will truly heal the obsession
stu.dying
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My ex tried to get back with me and tbh if she was a couple of months earlier, I might have said yes. But now I'm dating the most amazing person ever and I would never change it!
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
William and Kate were pretty successful.
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My opinion…?

:nah:. That is all.
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me and my boyfriend got into a massive argument about something then broke up. But I messaged him the next day and we are together. It sounds like it was just in the heat of the moment things went a disaster. We are together now, obviously things arent the same because we both said some cruel things to eachother but they're getting better.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you couldn't talk it through the first time, you wont be able to the second time.
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It kind of depends on the behaviour after the breakup too. Me and my ex got on pretty well when we were together but his behaviour after we broke up was disgusting and quite frankly, unforgivable. So I'm sure I wouldn't get back with him unless I was feeling forgiving that day or something.
poppyb787
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I dated someone for a few months, we split up. A year later, I dated another guy for 18 months who was crappy towards the end, ended it awfully, etc etc. He came back 2 weeks later begging me to take him back. (No!). The original guy (who I was good friends with) was someone to talk to and who listened to me while I got over it. Eventually I developed feelings for him and we have been together a while now and going strong! The time between our breakup and getting back together was about 2 and a half years. We both got on with stuff and matured a lot in the interim.
em211997
Rep:
?
can I first just say thank you so much to everyone who has posted. I wish i could rep every comment. I'm having a really tough time but reading all your helpful advice and support is really giving me hope. But i still don't quite know what I'm hoping for... to get back with her or hope to move on to something else.....
Yaboi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
William and Kate were pretty successful.
I assume their relationship is very fake, i would be shocked if William isn't sleeping with other women on a daily basis.
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yaboi)
I assume their relationship is very fake, i would be shocked if William isn't sleeping with other women on a daily basis.
Yeaaaah wellll, he has two heirs and Kate got rich and had kids...all worked out...
em211997
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
It kind of depends on the behaviour after the breakup too. Me and my ex got on pretty well when we were together but his behaviour after we broke up was disgusting and quite frankly, unforgivable. So I'm sure I wouldn't get back with him unless I was feeling forgiving that day or something.
how did he act?
queenofswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't have an ex but that is something I would love to experience. Going through a break up and getting back together. Just the thrill of it all. Good way to keep the relationship alive.
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by em211997)
how did he act?
He would deliberately insult me on this site because we were both users on here to the point he even made a thread about me. The final straw for me though, was when he called me a slut because he found out I had slept with some guy (which was ironic because he always boasted about how much sex he was getting at uni on here).
The hilarious part is I'm going to the same uni as him in September.
picklescamp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
He would deliberately insult me on this site because we were both users on here to the point he even made a thread about me. The final straw for me though, was when he called me a slut because he found out I had slept with some guy (which was ironic because he always boasted about how much sex he was getting at uni on here).
The hilarious part is I'm going to the same uni as him in September.
total side note but I remember how much you wanted to go there! Major congrats! <3
MadVisionary
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenofswords)
I don't have an ex but that is something I would love to experience. Going through a break up and getting back together. Just the thrill of it all. Good way to keep the relationship alive.
I mean it's not that fun and the getting back together bit doesn't usually work out, so I wouldn't recommend explicitly aiming for it :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.44%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%
No, but I want to start (281)
37.07%
No, I am unable to (186)
24.54%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.44%