username1744309
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically my EPQ is about Alzheimer's disease. I wrote a few lines about different types of memory (just mentioned what semantic/episodic memory are, and episodic memory is most affected). A month after I'd written this paragraph, I was taught the same thing in psychology.
Do I have to completely get rid of this paragraph because my EPQ can't clash with any of my A-Level courses (chem, maths, psych btw) or can I leave it in because I wrote it beforehand?
AMaster1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amalick1029)
Basically my EPQ is about Alzheimer's disease. I wrote a few lines about different types of memory (just mentioned what semantic/episodic memory are, and episodic memory is most affected). A month after I'd written this paragraph, I was taught the same thing in psychology.
Do I have to completely get rid of this paragraph because my EPQ can't clash with any of my A-Level courses (chem, maths, psych btw) or can I leave it in because I wrote it beforehand?
I think you can leave it as your entire EPQ is not on Memory, but if I were you, check with your supervisor. I think you'll probably be allowed to keep it seeing as it's just a paragraph, but like I said, check. It's your supervisor sending off the mark...
AfcFob
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it should be okay, as mine is on gene editing (but it includes some on gene therapy), and we recently did this in Biology but my EPQ was being handed in the same week so I couldn't do anything. Check with your supervisor but explain you've only recently covered it and you didn't know it was on your spec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.3%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.72%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.36%

Watched Threads