MEntal health nursing- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Watch this thread
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Pls don't ignore meh this time

I have questions
username2926188
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
PLEASE reply shsjsjsjhsksjs
Trapped
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
What are your questions?
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You've done posts like this before with no questions in them.
No one can help you or answer questions unless you actually ask the question....

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2926188
Rep:
(Original post by Trapped)
What are your questions?
How is mental health nursing degree?

Will I learn the skills like what they do in hospitals?
Or is it all just going to be about mental health nursing so I won't know what to dp for someone who is sick like child nurses and adult nurses do?

Are there many job opportunities like there are for child and adult nursing?

For child and adult, I know you can go higher and it can lead to befoming a nurse consultant and nurse practioner.. what about a mental health nurse?

Is the pay good?
And yes
username2926188
Rep:
(Original post by deviant182)
You've done posts like this before with no questions in them.
No one can help you or answer questions unless you actually ask the question....

Posted from TSR Mobile
The other time I asked if geometry was difficult, that was the a question... I know that is what you're talking about.

Will I learn the skills like what they do in hospitals? Or is it all just going to be about mental health nursing so I won't know what to dp for someone who is sick like child nurses and adult nurses do?

How is mental health nursing degree? Will I learn the skills like what they do in hospitals? Or is it all just going to be about mental health nursing so I won't know what to dp for someone who is sick like child nurses and adult nurses do? Are there many job opportunities like there are for child and adult nursing? For child and adult, I know you can go higher and it can lead to befoming a nurse consultant and nurse practioner.. what about a mental health nurse? Is the pay good?
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emerald7770)
The other time I asked if geometry was difficult, that was the a question... I know that is what you're talking about.

Will I learn the skills like what they do in hospitals? Or is it all just going to be about mental health nursing so I won't know what to dp for someone who is sick like child nurses and adult nurses do?

How is mental health nursing degree? Will I learn the skills like what they do in hospitals? Or is it all just going to be about mental health nursing so I won't know what to dp for someone who is sick like child nurses and adult nurses do? Are there many job opportunities like there are for child and adult nursing? For child and adult, I know you can go higher and it can lead to befoming a nurse consultant and nurse practioner.. what about a mental health nurse? Is the pay good?
All nurses, regardless of field start as a band 5 nurse.
If you Google agenda for change you'll find out nurse pay.
Similarly, there is room for progression in each field of nursing to become a nurse practitioner etc too.
And you'll learn skills such as blood pressure, and other clinical skills too.
But mental health you'll learn a lot about anti psychotics, anti depressants, a lot of injections etc too.
You will care for people who are sick, they may just not be physically sick. But they still need help to get better. Your skills in that respect will be different as you're caring for people who are mentally unwell.
If you wanted to learn the skills that adult or child nurses do then you'd be doing that field.
Each field is massively different, and mental health is about mental health. You'll look at how to assist with physical health, but if someone needs assistance in that arena, regardless of what field of nursing, they'll need to see a diagnostician. Ie, a doctor who can diagnose and can prescribe treatment.
There is room to become nurse prescribers in nursing, I suggest you do some research in mental health nursing via a few simple Google searches to see where mh nurses work, what they do and what fan be involved in it.
Nursing is so varied now it's difficult to pin down every opportunity and everything available to a qualified nurse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2926188
Rep:
(Original post by deviant182)
All nurses, regardless of field start as a band 5 nurse.
If you Google agenda for change you'll find out nurse pay.
Similarly, there is room for progression in each field of nursing to become a nurse practitioner etc too.
And you'll learn skills such as blood pressure, and other clinical skills too.
But mental health you'll learn a lot about anti psychotics, anti depressants, a lot of injections etc too.
You will care for people who are sick, they may just not be physically sick. But they still need help to get better. Your skills in that respect will be different as you're caring for people who are mentally unwell.
If you wanted to learn the skills that adult or child nurses do then you'd be doing that field.
Each field is massively different, and mental health is about mental health. You'll look at how to assist with physical health, but if someone needs assistance in that arena, regardless of what field of nursing, they'll need to see a diagnostician. Ie, a doctor who can diagnose and can prescribe treatment.
There is room to become nurse prescribers in nursing, I suggest you do some research in mental health nursing via a few simple Google searches to see where mh nurses work, what they do and what fan be involved in it.
Nursing is so varied now it's difficult to pin down every opportunity and everything available to a qualified nurse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much!!!!!
Hayyz91
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
just fyi you would grt more answers if you put the question in your first post. instead of making other have to ask what your question is...also if you research it, you will get most of this info.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
19.51%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
7.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
12.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (10)
24.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads