The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Nightlife

Can anyone tell me what the nightlife and social life is like at Lancaster? I know it's something you shouldn't take too seriously when looking at unis but I visited the city recently and it seemed pretty dead :// but the geography course is pretty much perfect so idk
The night life is okay, there'a the usual choice of pubs/bars/clubs some are kinda scummy but it's all good. Popular places are glow rooms, mint, crafty scholar, apothecary etc. Can't say much about student nights and stuff because I'm not at uni yet I just live here but there's events sometimes like bass race which are decent, and usually under a tenner for entry. It's quiter in the week but there's places open n usually students/people about
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
You definitely should be considering the quality of the night life when looking at a Uni because it's going to likely going to be a massive part for you in first year! The night life is safe and the option to do something every night is there if you're tough enough. There is a friendly atmosphere about the clubs and you are bound to see familiar faces unlike major cities. Whoops Wednesday at Sugar is massive for societies and you'll always find people dressed up in daft outfits on a social, there's a free bus to and from Sugar every Wed/Fri/Sat. You will find yourself going to the same places often but with varied music, themed nights and different groups you'll be fine. Join societies as these can switch up nights out, the ability to be social, get involved and make friends is definitely here if you want it.
Original post by Vicisobel
Can anyone tell me what the nightlife and social life is like at Lancaster? I know it's something you shouldn't take too seriously when looking at unis but I visited the city recently and it seemed pretty dead :// but the geography course is pretty much perfect so idk

I went to Lancaster in September and I stayed in one of the most 'social' accommodations a grizedale townhouse. But i lasted 10 weeks then moved to leeds beckett, Lancaster was fulll of socially awkward people and the night life was so so bad I was at home all the time, you should take it into consideration because i was miserable there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending