The Student Room Group

HELP HELP with maths question

dgf.PNG

Can you please explain this to me in the simplest way possible?
Reply 1
You need to decide whether the 3 boxes Kamil has placed on top of each other is smaller in size and weight than, or equal to, the parcel at the top of the page
Reply 2
A good start would be to convert the measurements of Kamil's boxes into the same units as the top box, but I'm not going to tell you the answer
Reply 3
Original post by AfcFob
You need to decide whether the 3 boxes Kamil has placed on top of each other is smaller in size and weight than, or equal to, the parcel at the top of the page

And how do i do that? please explain.
Reply 4
Original post by AfcFob
A good start would be to convert the measurements of Kamil's boxes into the same units as the top box, but I'm not going to tell you the answer

I have the mark scheme for that but i just need someone to explain it to me.. i'm struggling so much.
You can find out the volume (w x b x h) of all 3 boxes stacked together. If this (and the weight) is smaller or equal to the volume of the maximum parcel, then the parcel is small.
Reply 6
Original post by imadisaster
And how do i do that? please explain.

So, when Kamil stacks his 3 boxes is the length, height or depth of the boxes going to increase? (Hint, only one gets bigger, the other two stay the same)
Reply 7
Original post by petrblak
You can find out the volume (w x b x h) of all 3 boxes stacked together. If this (and the weight) is smaller or equal to the volume of the maximum parcel, then the parcel is small.

so, w = 600 b=40 h=2.5 and then i times it? are those right
Reply 8
Original post by AfcFob
So, when Kamil stacks his 3 boxes is the length, height or depth of the boxes going to increase? (Hint, only one gets bigger, the other two stay the same)

ok sorry i give up im too stupid for this thank you though
Reply 9
so, w = 600 b=40 h=2.5 and then i times it? are those right

W= width, the weight is 600 g
ok sorry i give up im too stupid for this thank you though

Are you able to show that the weight of the three boxes are less than, equal to, or greater than 2kg?

Quick Reply

Latest