connormc199
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am studying the CCEA exam board and i am genuinely struggling with unit one - Markets and Market Failure; Can anyone advise me to what diagrams I need to revise and if possible a list of Key terms? Thanks!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Econ
unillama
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
have you tried this?
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...pport/as_1.asp

(Original post by connormc199)
I am studying the CCEA exam board and i am genuinely struggling with unit one - Markets and Market Failure; Can anyone advise me to what diagrams I need to revise and if possible a list of Key terms? Thanks!
teresaking99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Externality Graphs are the best to learn as you can throw them into most answers, obviously have your demand and supply learned really well. Learn the diagram for CAP- Common Agricultural Policy learned for government intervention. also it is good to know your graphs for subsidies and taxes. learn Transfer Earnings and Economic Rent also.
teresaking99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Rather than key terms I would say to learn;
Functions of a market
Determines of Demand
Determines of Supply
Producer Surplus
Consumer Surplus
Types of Govt Intervention
Why government intervention fails.
Determines of demand for labour
Determines of supply of labour
Economic Rent
Transfer Earnings
Determines of the quality of labour force.

p.s.

I know this exam is tomorrow so id just advise you to learn off these off quickly tonight
connormc199
Rep:
?
Thanks all, unfortunately i didnt get the notifications and only seeing them now.
How did you find the exam?
unillama
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im in gcse, like i know someone doing economics, but like what career does it lead u into?
likee what do you want to do?
and how was the exam?

(Original post by connormc199)
Thanks all, unfortunately i didnt get the notifications and only seeing them now.
How did you find the exam?
connormc199
Rep:
?
I never did GCSE economics, rather unfortunately.
Economics in relation to careers is a wonderful subject as it enables the student to acquire key literature, mathematical and practical skills. Possible careers which are viable with an economics degree include; an actual economist, actuary, financial analyst, banker or lawyer.

I intend on achieving good AS/A2 grades (which after my first two exams seems doubtful) and then hopefully going on to study either PPE, Law with political science or Classics.

SAQ were good, DAQ were also quite answerable, and the essay question was catered towards my strongest field of knowledge but unfortunately i was time constraint and i didnt quite get as strong an answer as i had hoped!
connormc199
Rep:
?
how are you all prepared for monday?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (121)
59.02%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
4.88%
No- I want it (58)
28.29%
No- I don't want it (16)