The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

how important are nat5 results for application to st andrews?

i'm confident i'll get all A's in my highers but I've been told by a relative who studied medicine at st andrews that that doesn't matter, i've not no chance of getting in unless i get all A's in my national 5's. she also says i won't get into the course at all, i'm better off applying for something obscure and then transferring.

i'm pretty sure i'll get 6 A's, and a B in my maths and C in my chemistry, but as i want to study international relations i'm not sure that it'll matter as these aren't related to IR. does anyone know anything about it?? thanks
Original post by d_yakovlevna
i'm confident i'll get all A's in my highers but I've been told by a relative who studied medicine at st andrews that that doesn't matter, i've not no chance of getting in unless i get all A's in my national 5's. she also says i won't get into the course at all, i'm better off applying for something obscure and then transferring.

i'm pretty sure i'll get 6 A's, and a B in my maths and C in my chemistry, but as i want to study international relations i'm not sure that it'll matter as these aren't related to IR. does anyone know anything about it?? thanks

Pretty sure as long as you get majority As youre all good, I got 7 As and a B in my Nat 5's and I got an unconditional, so really don't worry too much :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply