Parents make me depressed...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
As an overweight sensitive person, i have been bullied all my life and that hurts my feelings a lot. Since i entered my sixth form all my friends have become mature and stopped poking fun at me and i really appreciate that. However, the problem is my parents. Every minute of the day they make fun of me and it's really getting to me now. I'm very depressed about this. Yes i talked to them about how i feel and they said they are trying to help me.
It's not helping
They make fun of me in front of their friends i even stopped going out to meet up with friends because of that, i even stopped going down to meet guests.
I really do love my parents, but i'm really starting to hate them as they emotionally hurt me everyday. To them i'm overreacting...but I'm not.
What do i do...
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Start running a calorie deficit - take your health seriously.

That being said, your parents or anyone shouldn't be bullying you. You have to take a stand, trash talk back. Don't let them get away with it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zayn008)
Start running a calorie deficit - take your health seriously.

That being said, your parents or anyone shouldn't be bullying you. You have to take a stand, trash talk back. Don't let them get away with it
Okay, thank you..i'll try my best to lose weight and ignore them
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay, thank you..i'll try my best to lose weight and ignore them
Don't see it as losing weight, see it as leading a healthy lifestyle to improve your health and well being. Even just putting in the effort and leading a healthy lifestyle will stop their crap talk since they'll see you're doing something about it. I wouldn't ignore them, that's what you're doing now, stand up against them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zayn008)
Don't see it as losing weight, see it as leading a healthy lifestyle to improve your health and well being. Even just putting in the effort and leading a healthy lifestyle will stop their crap talk since they'll see you're doing something about it. I wouldn't ignore them, that's what you're doing now, stand up against them.
Okay Thanks for the kind advice.
The thing is i know they love me and all, they always help me with my work and stuff and want a good future for me.
I can't talk back cause i respect them too much.
But thanks, i will cut junk food and eat more fruits as of today
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The thing is i know they love me and all, they always help me with my work and stuff and want a good future for me.
I suggest you start here.
diyu98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you want to lose some weight?have you try any diet?
Asha_19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Raised up well:clap2:
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your friends used to make fun of you? Okay if that's in year 9 or below but year 10 & 11... is just a no no
MagnifiWilly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get some thicker skin
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
My mum made me really paranoid she called me a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: when she was drunk and just kept being abusive. Horrible woman.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MagnifiWilly)
Get some thicker skin
(Original post by MagnifiWilly)
Get some thicker skin
Easier said than done
Anonymous #1
My mum made me really paranoid she called me a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: when she was drunk and just kept being abusive. Horrible woman.
I'm sorry that happened to you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by emerald7770)
Your friends used to make fun of you? Okay if that's in year 9 or below but year 10 & 11... is just a no no
Yes they made fun of me up until yr11 and in sneaky ways as well. Say a fat movie character pops up or something on screen they'd compare me to her/him/it. When shopping they would make snarky remarks like 'haha you lost weight..(not really)' 'No point going to that shop, nothings gonna fit or hinting it etc' trying to make me feel bad about clothing sizes etc.
It was horrible. Glad they changed now I've laughed it off most of the time, but deep inside it does really hurt
Im not obese..just overweight.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Profesh)
I suggest you start here.
Thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by diyu98)
do you want to lose some weight?have you try any diet?
Yeah well i'm looking into diets atm..determined to lose weight
AndrewSCO
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a serious conversation with your parents and ask them to stop as its really bothering you. Same with friends and make sure you're friends with the right people. Maybe they think it's a joke etc but try and make them realise it's affecting you

Hope the problem gets better and you manage to become happier from it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AndrewSCO)
Have a serious conversation with your parents and ask them to stop as its really bothering you. Same with friends and make sure you're friends with the right people. Maybe they think it's a joke etc but try and make them realise it's affecting you

Hope the problem gets better and you manage to become happier from it
Thank you for you kind words
Lorrel25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it's difficult, but try not to care. Love yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed