Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ive had my results and ive just found out that one of my papers went missing (along with everone elses from my school) so edexcel had to guess a grade for that paper.
    Just wondering has anyone else had this happen to them and what i should do really.
    Thanks.

forgot to say that it was an a2 paper

ReputationRep:
    hi, you should ask your teacher about what to do really and see if they can contact the exam board about it. Did you get the grade you wanted? if yeh then dont worry but if youve got a lower grade than you expected you can ask them if you can sit the exam again or see if it was based on your previous exams??? dont know if thats possible though if your going to uni.

good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Our whole classes Edexcel S1 papers went missing and they guessed the grades. Some strange marking as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coulson_2000)
    Ive had my results and ive just found out that one of my papers went missing (along with everone elses from my school) so edexcel had to guess a grade for that paper.
    Just wondering has anyone else had this happen to them and what i should do really.
    Thanks.
    Yea one of myn went missing, although fortunately it worked in my favour. I'd already got 100% in Edexhells unit 4A and also got 100% in 5A, as a result they gave me 100% in 6A (the paper they lost) because they took the average score from the other exams at this level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coulson_2000)
    Thanks.
    They lost your exam papers and made a result up? Doesn't that annoy you? It would annoy the hell out of me! I don't know what you should do, just let your school deal with it i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me in Edexcel Chem unit 5, and i was awarded an X. Thats unfair!! I got a B in unit 4, so that should have worked in my favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_love_maths)
    It happened to me in Edexcel Chem unit 5, and i was awarded an X. Thats unfair!! I got a B in unit 4, so that should have worked in my favour.
    My friend got an X for one of her art units - don't know why - the school are sorting it out though (it could be a mistake by either the school or the exam board really)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_love_maths)
    You can appeal the score they award you if they've lost the paper, if you got X you may as well because you can't lose anything.

ReputationRep:
    i don't get why i don't get a grade if they lost my paper, but other ppl get an average of their other units???

Exam boards just don't make sense!!!

its a paper where it counts towards your overal grade but you cant retake anything without retaking everything in that year - including coursework

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.