Are Flash Cards Worth the Work?

Watch
HiThere8964
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am doing OCR A Chemistry and Edexcel Physics in A2 ( as well as maths but I don't need notes for maths) and I was wondering if anyone who does or has done these a levels can help me with my problem. Do flashcards really help you revise and understand better than just making notes?
Also if they are, how do you make them quickly but make sure they are still effective?
Thanks for the help

claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HiThere8964)
I am doing OCR A Chemistry and Edexcel Physics in A2 ( as well as maths but I don't need notes for maths) and I was wondering if anyone who does or has done these a levels can help me with my problem. Do flashcards really help you revise and understand better than just making notes?
Also if they are, how do you make them quickly but make sure they are still effective?
Thanks for the help
I find them to be one of the best revision methods for me, it works well with my dyslexic/dyspraxic brain. You could use an app like quizlet to make them quicker?
uka_qwer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ive made flash cards for ocr a chemisty and they reallyyyyyyy help
HiThere8964
Rep:
?
Firstly thanks for both your replies,
How do you make them quickly for the entire topic? Is the method to make them to write notes then separate the notes into flashcards? If so surely this would take too long even with an app to help me.
HiThere8964
Rep:
?
(Original post by uka_qwer)
Ive made flash cards for ocr a chemisty and they reallyyyyyyy help
Did you write them on paper or did you use an app/ computer?
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I prefer writing them on paper because it hurts my eyes to stare at a screen too long they really help though, I write questions on one side and answers on the other.
username2805430
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the help
i'm doing ocr a all sciences higher tier and for chemistry it rly helps as a lot of the knowledge is factual like reaction products and especially for c7 when you need to know properties of alkanes or alkenes, or even in c4 and c5 when you need to know the periodic table etc.
HiThere8964
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
I prefer writing them on paper because it hurts my eyes to stare at a screen too long they really help though, I write questions on one side and answers on the other.
Yeah I think I will write them too so as I am writing some will be memorised.
Thanks a lot for the replies you've really helped!
uka_qwer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you write them on paper or did you use an app/ computer?
i use paper. i buy flash cards from wilko as they are fairly cheap
i write questions on one side and answers on the other
Tasnia'x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They really help,
sometimes i write them on post it notes or paper
adachoi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, Learning through flashcards are really so easy way to learn something & recently I have learned Hebrew Alphabet by flashcards of Carddia.com. As I have no idea about the flashcards for good revision method so you can visit that website. You will get all kinds of flashcards from this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed