Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I get older and it's time to start looking for a job I want to open my own coffee shop because (as you can tell by my name) I love coffee, but my problem is I am struggling in my classes and I am trying to aim for c's but all I get is D's and I know that I am going to fail all my exams but this is making me worry for my future can somebody help please what should I do (I am in year 10)

ReputationRep:
    Aim for B's then you can settle for C's instead of aiming for the target you want to achieve aim a little higher so you do some extra work to increase your chances.

ReputationRep:
    Your in year 10 you have enough to time to improve just concentrate on your subjects and work on your weaker subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Coffeelover123)
    When I get older and it's time to start looking for a job I want to open my own coffee shop because (as you can tell by my name) I love coffee, but my problem is I am struggling in my classes and I am trying to aim for c's but all I get is D's and I know that I am going to fail all my exams but this is making me worry for my future can somebody help please what should I do (I am in year 10)
    Speak to your teachers about how you are struggling, they may be willing to help you go over things after class or direct you to some good resources. Have you considered looking into getting a tutor? Perhaps have a family member help you with your work would be a good idea. How much revision are you doing? If you are only doing a few hours here and there, then I would really recommend putting more effort into your revision.

Do you have a study planner? The Student Room has a really handy resource where you can create your own planner. It also have some really good advice for how to make a planner that works well for you - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/.

Perhaps you are revising in a way that is ineffective for you? Some people learn things differently. Not everyone finds making notes useful, so it is important to try and find a technique that works for you. http://learning-styles-online.com/overview/ is a guide explaining all the different learning styles as well as providing some really good ways of revising for each method.

It is possible that you do know the content, but you are misunderstanding the questions. Question keywords are also called 'command' words. These are the words in your exam questions that tell you what the examiner wants you to do. By understanding these command words, you are on your way to understanding your exam questions. For example, you may be instructed in your exam question to 'describe' something within your answer. If your answer 'evaluates' rather than 'sets out the characteristics', you potentially haven't given the right answer. Luckily AQA has a really good resource on this, and it works no matter what exam board you are with - http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...g-the-question

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone will get the necessay grades but it doesn't mean you'll never have your own coffee shop. :3

And year 10 is just practice, use what you get from your mock to focus on your official exams next year, thats when it will really count.

Just try to priorities things, make your education more important. Even if it means revising everyday. You'll get what you put in my friend

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.