The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Even in this day and age good looking guys don't pull a lot. So why is that exactly? Also if a girl tells a guy she likes him and she's at least average looking, he'll want to sleep with her. But never the other way round...
I'm guessing you're fifteen and are finding it hard to understand that you're not as attractive as you think you are, and you're all butthurt that girls don't want your D... yes?
errr...it's literally easy to go out pulling while male
Reply 3
Original post by Tootles
I'm guessing you're fifteen and are finding it hard to understand that you're not as attractive as you think you are, and you're all butthurt that girls don't want your D... yes?

I'm a girl asking out of curiousity :ninja:Bet you didn't expect that...
Most guys have lower standards and are more thirsty
Reply 5
Men are more hungry for sex, as for why, I don't know.
Get a bunch of female friends (or just one and make it look like a date) and go out. You'l be drowning in attention then. Girls love stealing boyfriends off other girls.
Even in this day and age good looking guys don't pull a lot. So why is that exactly? Also if a girl tells a guy she likes him and she's at least average looking, he'll want to sleep with her. But never the other way round...

This is dumb asf. Girls and guys are both easier than they've ever been. You have no game.
Reply 9
Because men are more thirsty for sex. Therefore more likely to take it from anywhere they can without much effort needed (from the woman).
Original post by Sadanon12
This is dumb asf. Girls and guys are both easier than they've ever been. You have no game.

@Fakenews well this was what I was getting at ^
Original post by Tootles

#StraightEdgeBro
Original post by ChickenMadness
Get a bunch of female friends (or just one and make it look like a date) and go out. You'l be drowning in attention then. Girls love stealing boyfriends off other girls.

effort
Reply 13
Good looking guys DO pull a lot. But undoubtedly guys are more hound dog like. Not sure why, a mixture of not not getting pregnant and society conditioning probably.
I'm a girl asking out of curiousity :ninja:Bet you didn't expect that...
I've been here a long time, and have seen and heard it all.

My own experience is that, while a lot of the girls I've known have said I'm very good-looking, very few of those have wanted to be with me - for sex, or for a relationship. This could be because I'm shy, or because I'm autistic and thus miss othewise obvious signs, or because I'm good-looking but don't have an attractive personality. Or, given that my relationship history consists of an older woman who emotionally abused me for a year, a teenager who wanted to **** but ran off the moment she got bored, and a lesbian who spent three years kidding us both into thinking a relationship could work, probably my confidence is shot to ****.

I stopped trying to work it out though, beyond that, so I don't have an answer for you.

Original post by New Sign
#StraightEdgeBro
Eh?
:dry:

it is easy. Didn't say it's always easy or easy for everyone. But it is rather simple in general. If it's not easy for you then there's an issue there.

Basically in the sexual marketplace any reasonably attractive young woman has far higher value than your average young man.

I think it does depend on the circles you mix in. I know some average looking semi-chavs who pull a lot because they mix in circles where girls give out sex like a fruit pastille.

Go anywhere where the women could be deemed 'classy' and being good looking will probably not be enough. I also have examples to support this.
Who's got your knickers in a twist
Original post by Tootles
My own experience is that, while a lot of the girls I've known have said I'm very good-looking, very few of those have wanted to be with me - for sex, or for a relationship.

I echo Tootles words. I've been told I'm good-looking, a great guy etc but that doesn't result in me getting dates, laid etc. 'n considering the lengths I've gone to try and resolve my lack of success, perhaps ultimately there is no answer.

The OP is correct. Even good-looking guys don't get laid often, as other factors are in play. I could spout often quoted statistics such as "20% of men get 80% of women", but it's more accurate to say the minority of men have more success than the rest. Whatever that boils down to is beyond me.

I think, simply put, sex is in demand and women have the most control over that. The average women can get sex simply because she's providing opportunity to whoever she propositions, and generally speaking it isn't rejected. Surprisingly, I tend to find it's women who are more superficial / judgmental when it comes to the opposite sex's appearance.
A woman can just open her legs for sex, a guy has to go out of his way to even have a chance. It is about the effort required, women just have to wait until they get approached, which happens far too often. I think guys should just stop being desperate, then it'll even out a bit.

Like that's ever going to happen. :colonhash: