The Student Room Group

Is anyone else annoyed by David walliams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robby2312
As the title says.I don't know why anybody finds his gay act acceptable.This man is not gay but he is allowed to stereotype gay people and just in general all of his jokes centre around him being gay and playing up to that typical image of a gay person.I think if you did this about a Jewish person or a black person it would be considered pretty offensive and wouldn't be allowed on TV but somehow his act is ok?

He's bi, but is naturally camp. This is what the audience likes they say. Camp gay men. Many are not camp but sadly not portrayed on TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lmao i had a weird dream about this guy, not pleasant at all.
He had a wife.

and she was a lady
Reply 23
As the title says.I don't know why anybody finds his gay act acceptable.This man is not gay but he is allowed to stereotype gay people and just in general all of his jokes centre around him being gay and playing up to that typical image of a gay person.I think if you did this about a Jewish person or a black person it would be considered pretty offensive and wouldn't be allowed on TV but somehow his act is ok?

Shame on your for thinking he portrays the typical gay! When I saw the way he acted I thought he was gay for sure, then I found out he wasn't and it definitely changed my mind to not just judge people on how they act. Although 99/100 times it's correct.

The only I hate him for is not bringing back Little Britain and not making a season 2 for Come Fly With Me
Good argument.

Thanks I'm quite proud of that one 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zayn008
Shame on your for thinking he portrays the typical gay! When I saw the way he acted I thought he was gay for sure, then I found out he wasn't and it definitely changed my mind to not just judge people on how they act. Although 99/100 times it's correct.

The only I hate him for is not bringing back Little Britain and not making a season 2 for Come Fly With Me

That is exactly my point.He does not portray the typical gay.He portrays what he thinks a gay person is.He thinks a gay person is overly camp and interested in fashion.I'm saying that he should not be doing that because he is just playing to the stereotype.Its hard to explain what I mean.Its like if someone who is not Italian goes around portraying Italians as people who just eat pizza and pasta all the time.Its not true and it just adds to negative images that people have.
Reply 26
That is exactly my point.He does not portray the typical gay.He portrays what he thinks a gay person is.He thinks a gay person is overly camp and interested in fashion.I'm saying that he should not be doing that because he is just playing to the stereotype.Its hard to explain what I mean.Its like if someone who is not Italian goes around portraying Italians as people who just eat pizza and pasta all the time.Its not true and it just adds to negative images that people have.

My point was hes actually stopped me from stereotyping. Also the gay characters he has portrayed have awful fashion.

People find it funny and you might be angry at it now but if you look back to behaviours towards gay people in the late 90's, its people like him that have done a lot to break done the hostility towards those behaviours.
He had a wife.

so did Elton John...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending