The Student Room Group

English essay points

B) Explain the importance of strong feelings elsewhere in the play. (20 marks)
(edexcel part B question)

Romeo and Juliet

can someone help me come up with some points because i am struggling with this question

thank you
Original post by hAILEY 345
B) Explain the importance of strong feelings elsewhere in the play. (20 marks)
(edexcel part B question)

Romeo and Juliet

can someone help me come up with some points because i am struggling with this question

thank you

What points have you come up with so far? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
What points have you come up with so far? :smile:

The strong feelings of love in Act 2, Scene 1 is important as it enables Romeo to know that his love for Juliet is requited.

The argument between Juliet and her mother is important as it shows the typical, distant relationship of an upper class family.

Furthermore, the strong hatred that the Montague’s and Capulet’s have for each other is important as it shows... (not finished yet)

Are these right and do they make sense?
(edited 7 years ago)
The strong feelings of love in Act 2, Scene 1 is important as it enables Romeo to know that his love for Juliet is requited.

The argument between Juliet and her mother is important as it shows the typical, distant relationship of an upper class family.

Furthermore, the strong hatred that the Montague’s and Capulet’s have for each other is important as it shows... (not finished yet)

Are these right and do they make sense?

These are good so far! What about any feelings that are displayed by the minor characters (i.e. friends of either the Montague's or the Capulet's)?
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
These are good so far! What about any feelings that are displayed by the minor characters (i.e. friends of either the Montague's or the Capulet's)?

Could you tell me please because I don't know? :smile:
Could you tell me please because I don't know? :smile:

You will have to forgive me, it was about 3 years ago since I studied Romeo and Juliet, but I think I remember something about Friar Lawrence. He had strong feelings towards Romeo in that he saw him as a son, so it shows he wanted to protect him. I suppose that could be a point? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest