hAILEY 345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
B) Explain the importance of strong feelings elsewhere in the play. (20 marks)
(edexcel part B question)

Romeo and Juliet

can someone help me come up with some points because i am struggling with this question

thank you
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hAILEY 345)
B) Explain the importance of strong feelings elsewhere in the play. (20 marks)
(edexcel part B question)

Romeo and Juliet

can someone help me come up with some points because i am struggling with this question

thank you
What's the full context of the question? It mentions "elsewhere" but you haven't specified exactly what it's referring to.

Romeo and Juliet...as a romantic work, it obviously thrives on the strength of love as an emotion, and how that can perpetrate all barriers. One of the most strongly emotional scenes is probably the suicide- "Oh, happy dagger!"; you could definitely do some analysis of that. Ultimately, the play depends on emotion, like very many of Shakespeare's works: both that of the characters onstage and that of the audience.
Halzy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
- Speak about the feud between Montague and Capulet and their hatred for each other
- Speak about the feelings Juliet has towards her mother and the feelings her mother has towards her due to her rejecting the marriage proposal from Paris
- Speak about the feeling that Romeo and Juliet have for each other
- Speak about the hatred Juliet's cousin Tybalt has towards Romeo because he challenges him to a duel
- Speak about how the Capulet's don't understand Juliet's grief and are forcing her to marry Paris
- Speak about how Montague feels towards Romeo after the execution of Tybalt
- Speak about the hatred Romeo has for Paris
- Speak about Paris's feelings at the end of the play as he mourns for Juliets "death"
- Speak about how Romeo feels devastated after Juliet's "death"
- Speak about how Juliet is also devastated that Romeo is dead
- Speak about how the Montague and Capulets feel over the death of their children
- Lastly speak about how both of the families reconcile due to the death of the children and how it impacted them and their decisions

I'm not sure how right this is but basically whenever you see something in the play taking place, the characters must feel something towards each other i.e. Anger, Hatred, Love, Sadness etc. If this didn't help then I'm so sorry 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
hAILEY 345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Halzy1234)
- Speak about the feud between Montague and Capulet and their hatred for each other
- Speak about the feelings Juliet has towards her mother and the feelings her mother has towards her due to her rejecting the marriage proposal from Paris
- Speak about the feeling that Romeo and Juliet have for each other
- Speak about the hatred Juliet's cousin Tybalt has towards Romeo because he challenges him to a duel
- Speak about how the Capulet's don't understand Juliet's grief and are forcing her to marry Paris
- Speak about how Montague feels towards Romeo after the execution of Tybalt
- Speak about the hatred Romeo has for Paris
- Speak about Paris's feelings at the end of the play as he mourns for Juliets "death"
- Speak about how Romeo feels devastated after Juliet's "death"
- Speak about how Juliet is also devastated that Romeo is dead
- Speak about how the Montague and Capulets feel over the death of their children
- Lastly speak about how both of the families reconcile due to the death of the children and how it impacted them and their decisions

I'm not sure how right this is but basically whenever you see something in the play taking place, the characters must feel something towards each other i.e. Anger, Hatred, Love, Sadness etc. If this didn't help then I'm so sorry 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm fine with finding parts where there is strong emotion but I struggle to explain WHY the key scenes are important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34.14%
No (490)
65.86%

Watched Threads