Thersa May to Resign within Months ?

Watch
username1899909
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE] PRIME Minister Theresa May is looking for her own political exit after leading Britain through a successful ‘divorce’ from the European Union, it has been claimed.

According to Mail on Sunday columnist Dan Hodges, an unnamed minister labelled her as a “transitional PM’, with another claiming she’s all but ready to ride off into the sunset the moment her parliamentary term is over.

That minister is quoted as saying: “She’ll be hailed as the person who saved the nation from its worst crisis since the war, then go off and enjoy her retirement with husband Philip.”

Checking if this theory is general consensus across the board, Mr Hodges claims he ran it past others, with one saying: “She’ll fight an Election, then be gone in 18 months.”

Mrs May is arguably one of the most popular Prime Ministers in British history, with her approval rating a solid 54-points ahead of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, and has won by-elections that were once solidly out of Tory reach.

Latest opinion polls show the Tories have, since Mrs May took over the top job, powered into a commanding lead over Labour.

Research also found that more than three times as many voters prefer Theresa May in the Prime Minister’s post compared to Jeremy Corbyn.

The Prime Minister was also the only person in a list of British and overseas politicians to secure a performance rating of over 50 - on a scale where zero denoted “terrible” and 100 “excellent”.

he even ranked ahead of German Chancellor Angela Merkel who voters gave 46.1 rating to.

Mr Corbyn had a success score of 29.3 per cent, Lib Dem leader Tim Farron 28.6, US President Donald Trump 23.5 and Ukip leader Paul Nuttall 19.6.[QUOTE/]

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/792...european-union
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The important bits of that post of yours...?

'According to the Mail on Sunday...'

The blue link from The Daily Express.

/thread.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=hazzer1998;70983150]
PRIME Minister Theresa May is looking for her own political exit after leading Britain through a successful ‘divorce’ from the European Union, it has been claimed.

According to Mail on Sunday columnist Dan Hodges, an unnamed minister labelled her as a “transitional PM’, with another claiming she’s all but ready to ride off into the sunset the moment her parliamentary term is over.

That minister is quoted as saying: “She’ll be hailed as the person who saved the nation from its worst crisis since the war, then go off and enjoy her retirement with husband Philip.”

Checking if this theory is general consensus across the board, Mr Hodges claims he ran it past others, with one saying: “She’ll fight an Election, then be gone in 18 months.”

Mrs May is arguably one of the most popular Prime Ministers in British history, with her approval rating a solid 54-points ahead of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, and has won by-elections that were once solidly out of Tory reach.

Latest opinion polls show the Tories have, since Mrs May took over the top job, powered into a commanding lead over Labour.

Research also found that more than three times as many voters prefer Theresa May in the Prime Minister’s post compared to Jeremy Corbyn.

The Prime Minister was also the only person in a list of British and overseas politicians to secure a performance rating of over 50 - on a scale where zero denoted “terrible” and 100 “excellent”.

he even ranked ahead of German Chancellor Angela Merkel who voters gave 46.1 rating to.

Mr Corbyn had a success score of 29.3 per cent, Lib Dem leader Tim Farron 28.6, US President Donald Trump 23.5 and Ukip leader Paul Nuttall 19.6.[QUOTE/]

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/792...european-union

someone has to do it.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please inform the Oxford English Dictionary that transitional has been redefined as 5 years.

The article states that she intends to see out the term and then 18 months which takes her to summer 2021. Although it's a little shorter than i thought (she is like 60 so i suspected 2024) this is hardly a shock.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Please inform the Oxford English Dictionary that transitional has been redefined as 5 years.

The article states that she intends to see out the term and then 18 months which takes her to summer 2021. Although it's a little shorter than i thought (she is like 60 so i suspected 2024) this is hardly a shock.
2021 is an odd time to go, a year or so after an election given it brings in a leader operating on her manifesto and mandate, rather than giving it 3 more years for the new leader to be the one "writing" the manifesto and getting their own mandate at the following election.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not sure many Ministers really know what is going on inside the Prime Minister's head. She's one of the least open PMs we've had in modern times. It is a Minister's speculation - and to some degree I recognise what it suggests.

May is hardly going to do a ten-year stint in office and leave aged 70, but I wouldn't expect her departure would be before there is a greater deal of closure on Brexit. Assuming, of course, that it is a voluntary departure.

(Original post by Reality Check)

/thread.
Dan Hodges is a Mail columnist - but more importantly a journalist I have a great deal of time for. Just a a bit of background, he is a centrist member of the Labour Party, a son of a former Labour MP, was positive about David Cameron's premiership and openly voted Lib Dem in 2014 in opposition to UKIP. He is well-connected, respected and would not make up sources.

Tediously dismissing the Mail and everything associated with it is a particularly unthinking approach. What irritates me most about it is that people who come out this with sort of stuff seem to want to characterise themselves as clever free-thinkers, but ultimately are simply rejecting their own logical faculties where it suits them.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
I'm not sure many Ministers really know what is going on inside the Prime Minister's head. She's one of the least open PMs we've had in modern times. It is a Minister's speculation - and to some degree I recognise what it suggests.

May is hardly going to do a ten-year stint in office and leave aged 70, but I wouldn't expect her departure would be before there is a greater deal of closure on Brexit. Assuming, of course, that it is a voluntary departure.

Dan Hodges is a Mail columnist - but more importantly a journalist I have a great deal of time for. Just a a bit of background, he is a centrist member of the Labour Party, a son of a former Labour MP, was positive about David Cameron's premiership and openly voted Lib Dem in 2014 in opposition to UKIP. He is well-connected, respected and would not make up sources.

Tediously dismissing the Mail and everything associated with it is a particularly unthinking approach. What irritates me most about it is that people who come out this with sort of stuff seem to want to characterise themselves as clever free-thinkers, but ultimately are simply rejecting their own logical faculties where it suits them.
Well we can't all be as sophisticated and educated as you now, can we? Patronising little so-and-so.

The Daily Mail and Daily Express are cancerous rags who jump on any passing bandwagon to sell copy. I couldn't give a stuff about your flimflam about Dan Hodges.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well we can't all be as sophisticated and educated as you now, can we? Patronising little so-and-so.
But you can stop being wilfully ignorant, which is of course all that I ask if you expect anyone to respect your views.

The Daily Mail and Daily Express are cancerous rags who jump on any passing bandwagon to sell copy. I couldn't give a stuff about your flimflam about Dan Hodges.
Yet you are using his having a column in that newspaper to completely dismiss what he says? That is, again, simply ignorance.

In reality, lots of people contribute to lots of newspapers. Prime Ministers and opposition leaders have regularly written in the Mail. Among its regular contributors, you can count the likes of David Blunkett and Roy Hattersley despite it being more Conservative-leading in editorial stance.

The key point here is that you shouldn't dismiss something just because you don't like who is saying - or, in this case, even just publishing - it.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
But you can stop being wilfully ignorant, which is of course all that I ask if you expect anyone to respect your views.

Yet you are using his having a column in that newspaper to completely dismiss what he says? That is, again, simply ignorance.

In reality, lots of people contribute to lots of newspapers. Prime Ministers and opposition leaders have regularly written in the Mail. Among its regular contributors, you can count the likes of David Blunkett and Roy Hattersley despite it being more Conservative-leading in editorial stance.

The key point here is that you shouldn't dismiss something just because you don't like who is saying - or, in this case, even just publishing - it.
Care factor zero.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Care factor zero.
Somehow I expected as much from the outset.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Somehow I expected as much from the outset.
Good - you weren't disappointed then. Well done you!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She just done it!
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

/thread.
I really hate this blanket, smug response.

'Guardian/BBC says no common thread between multiple attacks in Germany and France...'

/thread
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
I really hate this blanket, smug response.

'Guardian/BBC says no common thread between multiple attacks in Germany and France...'

/thread
You'll get over it. I did.

/thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed