The Student Room Group

Alcoholism ?

Hands and feet (toes and fingers ),stiff/achy after drinking, only solved by drinking, hearing voices occasionally or seeing something out the corner of eye. Also have mood swings, hard to concentrate, depressed/ don't see the point in life, especially without drink. I was also incredibly nasty the other day drunk to my friend, and i basically said she was a mistake and other hurt full stuff so now i am hated. I don't think i could stop drinking as its the only time i feel content
Original post by Anonymous
Hands and feet (toes and fingers ),stiff/achy after drinking, only solved by drinking, hearing voices occasionally or seeing something out the corner of eye. Also have mood swings, hard to concentrate, depressed/ don't see the point in life, especially without drink. I was also incredibly nasty the other day drunk to my friend, and i basically said she was a mistake and other hurt full stuff so now i am hated. I don't think i could stop drinking as its the only time i feel content

Have you ever seen your GP or another health professional about this?
Reply 2
I also have very week core muscles and my hands/arms and legs shake without drink, calf muscles especially when going down stairs
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Have you ever seen your GP or another health professional about this?

No, so i haven't just got a hangover ? I can gowithout drinking foe a day or two but it feels like forever and the temptation becomes too much. I also gave anxiety and paranoia, my heart also beats faster and hurts a day after proper boozing. Is all this alcohol dependency tho

It seems as though you've developed a psychological and physiological dependence on alcohol, and that qualifies as alcoholism. It's a step forward that you've acknowledged this to yourself but you need to get help ASAP, before you you do irreparable harm to yourself, those you love, your relationships, and your career/studies. You can recover from this. You just need to take the right step and get some help.
No, so i haven't just got a hangover ? I can gowithout drinking foe a day or two but it feels like forever and the temptation becomes too much. I also gave anxiety and paranoia, my heart also beats faster and hurts a day after proper boozing. Is all this alcohol dependency tho

It really does sound like problem drinking, yes. How long do you usually go without a drink for? For instance, when was last time you didn't drink for a week, say?
Reply 6
I only sleep for 4/5 hours too
Reply 7
Original post by Reality Check
It really does sound like problem drinking, yes. How long do you usually go without a drink for? For instance, when was last time you didn't drink for a week, say?

Maybe once in a year and a half
Maybe once in a year and a half

I'd strongly recommend that you make an appointment to see your GP about this. It sounds like you have a bit of a problem with alcohol to say the least, and this forum can only go so far in helping you. The first step to making yourself better is to see your GP.

I wish you the very best. Always happy to help where I can. :smile:
...Once you start hearing voices it's officially time to call a doctor, and Jesus.

Good luck mate.
Original post by 0to100
...Once you start hearing voices it's officially time to call a doctor, and Jesus.

Good luck mate.

Its only occasional, usually with headphones in and the voice is a relative lol
Its only occasional, usually with headphones in and the voice is a relative lol

:rofl: k

Quick Reply

Latest