Best Student pranks! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bumblebee3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I agree, and I apologise to you Haz for this occuring in the middle of what was an entertaining thread. It is often difficult to fully understand the intented meaning of a post such as the one being discussed.
No probs. So my cousin and his mates got hold of a brand new warning road sign that hadn't had the middle picture put in yet. They cut out figures from black sticky-back plastic to look like real roadsign men. They aranged them to show 2 guys beating up a 3rd guy and underneath it said "kicking ahead". They put it on a road that lead to a really dodgy area in the university town famous for its back ally beatings...
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
a couple of years ago when the then year 13's left, they chained the school gates shut and used one of those huge heavy duty padlocks. They'd waited until all the buses had come in to the car park, and they'd a'll taken their cars out, so everyone was stuck inside school (there is only one entrance into our school). It took the site staff 30 minutes to find a chainsaw to cut through the padlock and let everyone go home!!!
Something very similar happened at my school last school-year.
We have two gates at our school- people getting lifts go out one at the top and everyone else walks down a path to a gate at the end on the other side of the school. As we were walking down we saw a huge crowd of students gathering at the bottom by the gate, when we got there it turned out someone had put their own padlock on the gate. People started leading over to this slightly bent bit of fence (normally very high) and clambered over it...I went the long way round with some unadventurous friends and as we were walking back we saw the fence was totally trashed where half the school had trampled over it. Two six-form-age boys were taking a picture next to it- with the padlock in their hands and a big grin on their faces- I'm assuming they were the guilty culprits.
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok, who gave me a bad reputation for riding the horse in Jesus college. The students there told me that everyone who went there had to do it at least once! It's so appealing on that neat tidy lawn, mmmm.

Ad
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
(Original post by byb3)
ok, who gave me a bad reputation for riding the horse in Jesus college. The students there told me that everyone who went there had to do it at least once! It's so appealing on that neat tidy lawn, mmmm.

Ad
Tsk and you're not allowed on the grass!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)

Ad
It did look inviting, didn't it?

Ben
Fairydust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There is always the traditional prank of setting the fire alarm off in the middle of the night.
Oh and stink bombs being let off in the dinning room at school.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fairydust)
There is always the traditional prank of setting the fire alarm off in the middle of the night.
That reminds me actually - the year above mine decided to start a load of rumours about them coming into school in the middle of the night to do stuff to the school - one rumour was that they were going to bring in turf and set up the front of the school like a tennis court (it was random stuff like that). Anyway, the deputy head got wind of all this, and decided that she and a few other members of staff (much to their delight) were going to stay in school all night to make sure nothing happened. So instead of trashing the school (which they were never going to do anyway) they set up a rota of all the people who owned cars, so every 30 minutes throughout the night someone would come along in their car, drive round the school car park a few times with their headlights on full beam, and drive off again, so designed so that none of the teachers could get any rest at all. The next morning in their final assembly, once the deputy head had given them her goodbye speech (and thanked them for keeping her awake all night) they all got out water guns and soaked her!!!

Amazingly she actually does have a good sense of humour, and took it all in good faith!!!
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
That reminds me actually - the year above mine decided to start a load of rumours about them coming into school in the middle of the night to do stuff to the school - one rumour was that they were going to bring in turf and set up the front of the school like a tennis court (it was random stuff like that). Anyway, the deputy head got wind of all this, and decided that she and a few other members of staff (much to their delight) were going to stay in school all night to make sure nothing happened. So instead of trashing the school (which they were never going to do anyway) they set up a rota of all the people who owned cars, so every 30 minutes throughout the night someone would come along in their car, drive round the school car park a few times with their headlights on full beam, and drive off again, so designed so that none of the teachers could get any rest at all. The next morning in their final assembly, once the deputy head had given them her goodbye speech (and thanked them for keeping her awake all night) they all got out water guns and soaked her!!!

Amazingly she actually does have a good sense of humour, and took it all in good faith!!!

Lol, that's fantastic - I can't believe that the teachers stayed in school all night! The most we ever got away with at school was a whopee cushion under the cushion on the teacher's chair.. oh and the time we set up an experiment seperating inks to overheat and explode - the chemistry teacher's suit was ruined...Oops...
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
Lol, that's fantastic - I can't believe that the teachers stayed in school all night!
I know I don't think they could believe their luck when she told them she would be in school overnight!!! They only intended for the rumours to wind her up - not for her to take them seriously!!! So obviously they had to take advantage!!!
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
I know I don't think they could believe their luck when she told them she would be in school overnight!!! They only intended for the rumours to wind her up - not for her to take them seriously!!! So obviously they had to take advantage!!!
Excellent. I am constantly impressed by the uk's student pranking body. The ornamental fountain in Bath (nr where I live) has overflowed onto the road with a torrent of bubbles every week for as long as I can remember. It has become a saturday night tradition to pour bubble bath into the fountain, much to the dismay of cars on the oily road!
Hat100
Report 15 years ago
I've heard quite a few pranks. 1 is that you fill a bin bag with shaving foam, tuck it under the door of someones room and jump on it, and they get shaving foam everywhere, once someone hid a fish in someones room and the person didn't find it for a year. Another one, which I heard is at x mas, in manchester, the whole floor took a banner and wrote summit offensive and rude (I actually can't remember what), and everyone saw this, they actually got in trouble though and got a warning from the police...
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hat100)
I've heard quite a few pranks. 1 is that you fill a bin bag with shaving foam, tuck it under the door of someones room and jump on it, and they get shaving foam everywhere, once someone hid a fish in someones room and the person didn't find it for a year. Another one, which I heard is at x mas, in manchester, the whole floor took a banner and wrote summit offensive and rude (I actually can't remember what), and everyone saw this, they actually got in trouble though and got a warning from the police...
A physisist friend of mine went to Durham and he put a can of shaving foam in the freezer over night. They then un pealed the metal can from around the now frozen foam and put it in a tutorial room. Apparently it expands to amazing proportians so the whols floor was completely covered!
Unspeakable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehe! The one I wanted to do was take the mouse ball out of every mouse in the school computer rooms and hide them somewhere leaving a post-it treasure hunt trail of clues for the IT teacher. Something to test the staff's knowledge of their subjects. but of course with our school being strict and me being a goodytwoshoes it never happened. pity.

when we still had the chalk boards that rolled up (before the teachers decided we had to modernise and got rid of all the old furnature -i liked the desks with inkholes) a favourite was to put the board rubber on top of the roll behind the wood bit so that when the teacher rolled the board down it hit them and covered them in chalk. Oh and wedging bits of chalk in the rubber so that it made lines across the board when used was done a lot.

hmm, looking back its kindof sad to think of all the stuff we could have done at school but never did -and its too late now. why were we all so well behaved?
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unspeakable)
hehe! The one I wanted to do was take the mouse ball out of every mouse in the school computer rooms and hide them somewhere leaving a post-it treasure hunt trail of clues for the IT teacher. Something to test the staff's knowledge of their subjects. but of course with our school being strict and me being a goodytwoshoes it never happened. pity.

when we still had the chalk boards that rolled up (before the teachers decided we had to modernise and got rid of all the old furnature -i liked the desks with inkholes) a favourite was to put the board rubber on top of the roll behind the wood bit so that when the teacher rolled the board down it hit them and covered them in chalk. Oh and wedging bits of chalk in the rubber so that it made lines across the board when used was done a lot.

hmm, looking back its kindof sad to think of all the stuff we could have done at school but never did -and its too late now. why were we all so well behaved?
Lol, that reminds me - we used to have those old fashioned hard chalk boards in some classrooms. A favourite trick was to hollow out the top of a piece of chalk and hide the head of a match in it. Then we covered it with chalk dust so it didn't show. The teacher wrote on the board and the chalk sparked a flame! Very funny...
Unspeakable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Aha! found it! this was sent to me in one of those pass-it-around emails ages ago. I think there are two others too - 50 things for a professor to do on the forst day of class and 50 things to do in an exam that doesn't matter but i can't find the emails. They're probably on the net somewhere

50 Fun Things to Do on the First Day of Class

1.Smoke a pipe and respond to each point the professor makes by waving it and saying, "Quite right, old bean!"
2.Wear X-Ray Specs. Every few minutes, ask the professor to focus the overhead projector.
3.Sit in the front row and spend the lecture filing your teeth into sharp points.
4.Sit in the front and color in your textbook.
5.When the professor calls your name in roll, respond "that's my name, don't wear it out!"
6.Introduce yourself to the class as the "master of the pan flute".
7.Give the professor a copy of The Watchtower. Ask him where his soul would go if he died tomorrow.
8.Wear earmuffs. Every few minutes, ask the professor to speak louder.
9.Leave permanent markers by the dry-erase board.
10.Squint thoughtfully while giving the professor strange looks. In the middle of lecture, tell him he looks familiar and ask whether he was ever in an episode of Starsky and Hutch.
11.Ask whether the first chapter will be on the test. If the professor says no, rip the pages out of your textbook.
12.Become entranced with your first physics lecture, and declare your intention to pursue a career in measurements and units.
13.Sing your questions.
14.Speak only in rhymes and hum the Underdog theme.
15.When the professor calls roll, after each name scream "THAT'S MEEEEE! Oh, no, sorry."
16.Insist in a Southern drawl that your name really is Wuchen Li. If you actually are Chinese, insist that your name is Vladimir Fernandez O'Reilly.
17.Page through the textbook scratching each picture and sniffing it.
18.Wear your pajamas. Pretend not to notice that you've done so.
19.Hold up a piece of paper that says in large letters "CHECK YOUR FLY".
20.Inform the class that you are Belgian royalty, and have a friend bang cymbals together whenever your name is spoken.
21.Stare continually at the professor's crotch. Occassionally lick your lips.
22.Address the professor as "your excellency".
23.Sit in the front, sniff suspiciously, and ask the professor if he's been drinking.
24.Shout "WOW!" after every sentence of the lecture.
25.Bring a mirror and spend the lecture writing Bible verses on your face.
26.Ask whether you have to come to class.
27.Present the professor with a large fruit basket.
28.Bring a "seeing eye rooster" to class.
29.Feign an unintelligible accent and repeatedly ask, "Vet ozzle haffen dee henvay?" Become aggitated when the professor can't understand you.
30.Relive your Junior High days by leaving chalk stuffed in the chalkboard erasers.
31.Watch the professor through binoculars.
32.Start a "wave" in a large lecture hall.
33.Ask to introduce your "invisible friend" in the empty seat beside you, and ask for one extra copy of each handout.
34.When the professor turns on his laser pointer, scream "AAAGH! MY EYES!"
35.Correct the professor at least ten times on the pronunciation of your name, even it's Smith. Claim that the i is silent.
36.Sit in the front row reading the professor's graduate thesis and snickering.
37.As soon as the first bell rings, volunteer to put a problem on the board. Ignore the professor's reply and proceed to do so anyway.
38.Claim that you wrote the class text book.
39.Claim to be the teaching assistant. If the real one objects, jump up and scream "IMPOSTER!"
40.Spend the lecture blowing kisses to other students.
41.Every few minutes, take a sheet of notebook paper, write "Signup Sheet #5" at the top, and start passing it around the room.
42.Stand to ask questions. Bow deeply before taking your seat after the professor answers.
43.Wear a cape with a big S on it. Inform classmates that the S stands for "stud".
44.Interrupt every few minutes to ask the professor, "Can you spell that?"
45.Disassemble your pen. "Accidently" propel pieces across the room while playing with the spring. Go on furtive expeditions to retrieve the pieces. Repeat.
46.Wink at the professor every few minutes.
47.In the middle of lecture, ask your professor whether he believes in ghosts.
48.Laugh heartily at everything the professor says. Snort when you laugh.
49.Wear a black hooded cloak to class and ring a bell.
50.Ask your math professor to pull the roll chart above the blackboard of ancient Greek trade routes down farther because you can't see Macedonia.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And I just remembered another one some people at my school did (we do like the odd prank or 3 at my school!).

When we left year 11, someone put the deputy head teachers car in the Free Ads, for some absurdly small price, using her office phone number in the contact details. She had phone calls all that week from people who were interested in buying her car off her!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
We put our school up for sale for a fiver when we left in may this year. There were serious people asking about it! When someone asking about it was told the students came in the price he said, 'Oh no sorry, I don't want them.' etc etc
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
me an one of my friends were going to replace all the board markers with permanent markers when we left on study leave, but never got round to it. and one of my friend's friend's let loose 3 sheep in his school, and painted the numbers 1,2 and 4 on the sides of them.....
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In the last few weeks of halls, a guy in our corridor went away for the weekend and left his key with someone. So we basically moved his room into the kitchen and kitchen into his room! Everything was swapped - wardrobe, desks, bed, toaster, kettles, rug, cabinets ... it was very impressive even if I do say so myself!

He came back later and went to sleep in his bed in the kitchen. He was woken up by the cleaner the next morning and we had to change evrything back!
Rahul
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
AT our skool 10 smoke bombs and 8 stink bombs were let off simultaneously. As everyone quickly tried to exit the building out of the main entrances, (cos fire alarms were going off) there were loads of sixth formers standing outside with water ballons launching them at everyone including teachers as they came out of main entrances, was sooooo funny!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.56%
Leave (375)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed