The Merchants Tale study help Watch

Deomania
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anybody have an past extract questions which they have done in class which I could use as practise? Thank you
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
username1941981
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry I know the exam is on Friday but I've only seen this just now! Here are some that my teacher set us:

1. Discuss how Chaucer presents the relationship between Januarie and May in the following extract from The Merchant’s Tale. (l. 606-642)

In your answer explore the author’s use of language, imagery and verse form, and consider ways in which you consider the extract characteristic of The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale.

2. Discuss Chaucer’s portrayal of the Merchant and his attitude towards marriage in the following extract from ‘The Merchant’s Tale’ (l. 1-32.)

In your answer explore the author’s use of language, imagery and verse form, and consider ways in which you find this extract characteristic of ‘The Merchant’s Tale’.

3. Discuss Chaucer's portrayal of Januaries and his attitudes towards women in the following extract from 'The Merchant's Tale' (l. 365-369)

In your answer explore the author’s use of language, imagery and verse form, and consider ways in which you find this extract characteristic of ‘The Merchant’s Tale’.

4. Discuss Chaucer's portrayal of Damyan and his situation in the following extract from 'The Merchant's Tale'. (l 654- 699)

My teacher never set us last years question but I believe it was on Januarie, May and Damyan which sounds awful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?