can i do A-level textiles without doing it for gcse?

Watch this thread
alexlol
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really enjoy making clothes and learning about fashion. I regret not taking GCSE textiles but was thinking of doing it for A-level. I need some advice on whether i would be able to cope and pick up the skills easily. Has anyone else done this??
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Ya its possible if you did art gcse. I might do it for a level.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alexlol)
I really enjoy making clothes and learning about fashion. I regret not taking GCSE textiles but was thinking of doing it for A-level. I need some advice on whether i would be able to cope and pick up the skills easily. Has anyone else done this??
I did gcse textiles but didnt carrying on for a-levels.

Most sixth forms/colleges would probably ask for a portfolio to show your abilities
rosieridleyx
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I did A level textiles without taking it at GCSE. They let me take it as I had taken GCSE Art and had and had done GCSE product design for a year before I moved school. They may also look at your science grade if it is DT textiles you are planning on studying rather than art and design: textiles. They didn't ask for a portfolio
livashton
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
if I pass enough exams to get into sixth form, the textiles teacher at my school said she would make an exception and allow me to do the textiles course at A Level because I showed her what I can do with a sewing machine and how sewing is a hobby of mine. I also explained how keen I was to do it as I have a strong interest in fashion.
my advice is to speak to the teacher you would have directly, rather than through someone else at the school / college. if you really want to study textiles, then picking up the skills won't be difficult if you're interested and determined!
good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
42.15%
The paper was reasonable (224)
42.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.75%

Watched Threads