The Student Room Group

What if white males actually do outperform women and minorities?

The concept of white privilege is based on the assumption that an inequality of outcome is evidence of discrimination. If there is a quantifiable pay gap between genders, then it must be a result of inequality of opportunities for women. If there is a disparity between economic status of whites and people of color, then it must result from systemic prejudice.

Is it completely impossible that white males are more socially successful for other reasons? What if White males are more statistically successful on average due to their behavior? This could be attributed to cultural or genetic influence.

If this hypothesis has any validity then consider the implication. A high performing white male, who has made positive life choices has his success marginalized by a social justice agenda. He will have to overcome true institutional discrimination such as affirmative action, and cultural diversity mandates. There would be white males who have more qualifications and contribute more, but receive less compensation. That is what social justice is all about.

Scroll to see replies

You again? What is it with you and 'race'? Why are you so obsessed?
Reply 2
There are probably studies pertaining to exactly this. If I was in a more proactive mood, I'd go look. But I'm not.
yeah, ok, lets say they do

who actually cares? at the end of the day it doesn't matter what race/gender performs better in their exams. it's completely meaningless lmao
Original post by ckingalt
The concept of white privilege is based on the assumption that an inequality of outcome is evidence of discrimination. If there is a quantifiable pay gap between genders, then it must be a result of inequality of opportunities for women. If there is a disparity between economic status of whites and people of color, then it must result from systemic prejudice.

Is it completely impossible that white males are more socially successful for other reasons? What if White males are more statistically successful on average due to their behavior? This could be attributed to cultural or genetic influence.

If this hypothesis has any validity then consider the implication. A high performing white male, who has made positive life choices has his success marginalized by a social justice agenda. He will have to overcome true institutional discrimination such as affirmative action, and cultural diversity mandates. There would be white males who have more qualifications and contribute more, but receive less compensation. That is what social justice is all about.

i have no idea what the heck ur saying mate
Reply 5
Original post by RKeyensJ
You again? What is it with you and 'race'? Why are you so obsessed?

I resent the notion of white male privilege. I like to stir up provocative conservation in that regard when I'm bored. The result is often interesting.
I resent the notion of white male privilege. I like to stir up provocative conservation in that regard when I'm bored. The result is often interesting.

That really only makes you a troll (an unsophisticated one to be honest). To prove that this is the case, I defy you to tell me, especially in terms of genetics, what makes someone 'white' or even worse in terms of labelling, 'black'.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
That really only makes you a troll (an unsophisticated one to be honest). So much is this the case, I defy you to tell me, especially in terms of genetics, what makes someone 'white' or even worse in terms of labelling, 'black'.

No it makes me honest, not a troll. If you "defy me to define in terms of genetics", what distinguishes white from black, then you should defy society to define those same terms when applying social justice mandates.
No it makes me honest, not a troll. If you "defy me to define in terms of genetics", what distinguishes white from black, then you should defy society to define those same terms when applying social justice mandates.

have you been racially abused mate ever in your life? you seem to be suffering from trauma
Original post by study beats
have you been racially abused mate ever in your life? you seem to be suffering from trauma

Probably lost out on a job to a woman or ethnic minority. :dontknow:
Reply 10
Original post by study beats

Never in any significant way that matters, but I believe that most everyone has encountered racism in some regard. I'm no exception.

That's a blatant red-herring and it betrays what is obvious to most- that you're just some white guy with no accomplishments of his own who in palpable desperation is trying to piggy-back on those of other 'white' people (I guess since Einstein was smart that ipso fact makes you so as well, right?). Regardless, the challenge is still open and you are welcome to respond with the facts.
Westernised BME (gay especially) women are the most privileged group of all.
And that's what makes it so insidious

And it's not just whites that are adverely affected by this, East Asians too get screwed.. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/observer.com/2015/06/asian-americans-are-indeed-getting-screwed-by-harvard-but-not-how-they-think/amp/

It's also bad for the underperforming minorities I'd imagine because an employer cannot discern whether the candidate got the degree through their own merit or whether they are just an affirmative action candidate

It's shameful all around. It's symtpomatic of society's refusal to address the race and iq differences
Reply 14
That's a blatant red-herring and it betrays what is obvious to most- that you're just some white guy with no accomplishments of his own who in palpable desperation is trying to piggy-back on those of other 'white' people (I guess since Einstein was smart that ipso fact makes you so as well, right?). Regardless, the challenge is still open and you are welcome to respond with the facts.

good try but you are missing the mark. I'm no Einstein, but I'm satisfied with my own measure of success. The facts are that there have been great injustices in the past (slavery/ Jim Crowe/ etc). Those are legitimate grievances. Modern day "social injustice" is not.

The greatest singularity amongst the permanently poor in developed society is single parenthood. Look it up, that is a fact i'm willing to respond with. The illegitimate birthrate (with one parent absent) in the black community was 25% in 1960 and has risen to 75% in modern times. Is white privilege responsible for causing black fathers to abandon their children or is it something else. Explain to me how we are more racist today than we were in 1960.
African American family structure
Reply 15
Original post by Hirsty97
And that's what makes it so insidious

And it's not just whites that are adverely affected by this, East Asians too get screwed.. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/observer.com/2015/06/asian-americans-are-indeed-getting-screwed-by-harvard-but-not-how-they-think/amp/

It's also bad for the underperforming minorities I'd imagine because an employer cannot discern whether the candidate got the degree through their own merit or whether they are just an affirmative action candidate

It's shameful all around. It's symtpomatic of society's refusal to address the race and iq differences

Good point. Actually poor asians are the most discriminated group in modern western society. On SATs African American receive a bonus of 230 points. Hispanics receive a bonus of 185 points. Asians receive a deduction of 50 points. That is quantifiable systemic racism.

Asian Americans get screwed
Good point. Actually poor asians are the most discriminated group in modern western society. On SATs African American receive a bonus of 230 points. Hispanics receive a bonus of 185 points. Asians receive a deduction of 50 points. That is quantifiable systemic racism.

Asian Americans get screwed

Yeah I already feel pissed off about the discrimination whites face in this regard and I'm sure it's even worse for East Asians
good try but you are missing the mark

Oh so you're not going to answer what to you must be a pretty straightforward question? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Reply 18
Oh so you're not going to answer what to you must be a pretty straightforward question? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

I'm either confused, you're stupid, or you have an agenda. I have my suspicions but let readers decide. I acknowledged my inferiority to Einstein (not difficult). I also provided facts and links to support my opinion... So what do you exactly expect?

My story? I graduated high school with few options. Then joined the military enlisted. Earned my Bachelors degree while enlisted. Separated honorably from the military and accepted a position as a financial advisor. I do alright financially. All of that has zero relevance on my previous posts, but it seems like that is what you are needing.
While males are more intelligent and talented than any other group. Just look at how they dominate science and business. Everyone knows it but will not admit it as it is not politically correct.

Quick Reply

Latest