The Student Room Group

Voluntary work as a biomedical scientist in Hospital

Hi, I am a a biomedical Scientist who has just finished her studies in the EU and finding it difficult to find a job in the Uk where I have come to live permanently because I dont have much work experience within the UK. Can anyone please suggest me in which Hospital I should ask to volunteer to gain this experience? I would appreciate an answer.
Original post by Redisa
Hi, I am a a biomedical Scientist who has just finished her studies in the EU and finding it difficult to find a job in the Uk where I have come to live permanently because I dont have much work experience within the UK. Can anyone please suggest me in which Hospital I should ask to volunteer to gain this experience? I would appreciate an answer.

You're not a Biomedical Scientist without HCPC registration. It is a protected title in the UK. You need to seek HCPC registration before you can be classified as such.
Reply 2
Hi, I’ve got HCPC registration. I just completed my masters here in the Uk and I’m finding it difficult getting a job. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? How do I gain UK experience??
Reply 3
What hospitals can I volunteer with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending