The Student Room Group

Work anxiety

So I've had a part time job for one week now (my first ever job - I'm 18) and I'm always worried about going in, like I can physically feel the worry but I dont know how to describe it. When im there im usually always fine and i actually really enjoy it and everyone there is really nice and friendly and its good money for my age but as soon as i leave I'm then worried abut the next shift and going in to work. I don't really know what causes this, I just worry about what I'm supposed to be doing and just everything... I don't really know what I expect people to respond with but I just wanted to be able to talk about it somewhere so yeah
(edited 6 years ago)
Better watch out before the axe falls over your head. Your anxiety can easily be dismissed as an attitude problem.
Original post by Lewis5
So I've had a part time job for one week now (my first ever job - I'm 18) and I'm always worried about going in, like I can physically feel the worry but I dont know how to describe it. When im there im usually always fine but as soon as i leave I'm then worried abut the next shift and going in to work. I don't really know what causes this, I just worry about what I'm supposed to be doing and just everything... I don't really know what I expect people to respond with but I just wanted to be able to talk about it somewhere so yeah

Perhaps it's the uncertainty? Like you'll have to do something you feel incapable with or mess up something

Maybe just remind yourself that no matter what happens, you can always a) ask one of the nice people you work with for help or b) quit the job if you have to

these are always options, no one is judging you, i'm sure your colleagues are also aware that you are new and young so they won't be expecting much from you anyway

Try to look for what you enjoy about the job, the environment, focus on these, focus on the moments that you feel good and an ease, over time you will get used to it and realise everything is ok
Reply 3
So I went in again today and it was really good again and yet again i was worrying over nothing but come Wednesday ill be worried about going in on thursday again, i don't know what is causing this

Quick Reply

Latest