Frenche75
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I am a french student and I am struggling to find the best university between BCU and northumbria for the law with business course
I need information on : - reputation of the university (is it considered a good university , does it attract companies )
- employment
- university diversity (black people) as I am black
- nightlife ( hip hop , RnB type of music ) ex: beyonce
- City activities
- cost
Thank you for your help
Frenche75
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by J-SP)
Northumbria has a stronger reputation from an employment perspective - as a recruiter, I never went to BCU, but I went to Northumbria every now and then (probably once a year), but both universities will be targetted by local employers in the legal sector.

Birmingham as a city will be far more diverse than Northumbria, and that diversity will be reflected in the student population more, as both universities will recruit heavily from the local population.

Nightlife - both Newcastle and Birmingham are pretty lively cities with plenty of nightlife - you wouldn't struggle to find the type of music you like in either city. They are also big cities, probably with very similar opportunities/activities both inside and outside of university.. Birmingham is much more central to the rest of the UK, so easy to get out of and see other places. Newcastle is a little more isolated, although you can easily get to Scotland and York/Leeds/Sheffield.
Thanks you very much , what are your thoughts on coventry university and london metropolitain university ?
tbeyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Frenche75)
Hi I am a french student and I am struggling to find the best university between BCU and northumbria for the law with business course
I need information on : - reputation of the university (is it considered a good university , does it attract companies )
- employment
- university diversity (black people) as I am black
- nightlife ( hip hop , RnB type of music ) ex: beyonce
- City activities
- cost
Thank you for your help
Northumbria is a great business school with accolades. Nightlife is one of the best in England. There may be Beyonce nights every now and then lol (I like Beyonce) (and I'm black) (and I'm going northumbria). Birmingham will definitely be more diverse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (65)
36.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.23%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (11)
6.25%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (43)
24.43%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
13.64%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise