The Student Room Group

AQA philosophy of religion AS level new spec

Anyone else struggling to do wider reading for this AS? I can't understand what the examiner is looking for.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ElenaK518
Anyone else struggling to do wider reading for this AS? I can't understand what the examiner is looking for.

Wider reading? I've done that exam so many times and wider reading is not a requirement. It can be useful, but not essential. What don't you understand? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by clucky_chick
Wider reading? I've done that exam so many times and wider reading is not a requirement. It can be useful, but not essential. What don't you understand? :smile:

It's a new exam that's just come out this academic year. The textbook came out in March, 2 months before the exam. Teachers keep telling me that I can't score more than an E without it, but wider reading doesn't tend to tell me much more than what we've done in the lesson.
It's a new exam that's just come out this academic year. The textbook came out in March, 2 months before the exam. Teachers keep telling me that I can't score more than an E without it, but wider reading doesn't tend to tell me much more than what we've done in the lesson.

Ah right, I thought they only updated the specification slightly from last year? Do you still do epistemology alongside philosophy of Religion?
Reply 4
Ah right, I thought they only updated the specification slightly from last year? Do you still do epistemology alongside philosophy of Religion?

Nope. Just philosophy and ethics (paley's teleo, aquinas' cosmo, anselm's onto, evil and suffering, religious experiences, natural moral law, situation ethics, virtue ethics and applications plus some religion stuff)
Nope. Just philosophy and ethics (paley's teleo, aquinas' cosmo, anselm's onto, evil and suffering, religious experiences, natural moral law, situation ethics, virtue ethics and applications plus some religion stuff)

Ah, okay. I'm on a different spec, just ignore me haha :smile:
Reply 6
Ah, okay. I'm on a different spec, just ignore me haha :smile:

I don't know anyone outside my class of 6 doing it
Reply 7
Hello guys . I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of making YouTube videos for A2 AQA Philosophy as I have notes on all the topics and also many A* essays. Would this be of interest to you and your peers? If I get enough people interested I will deffo make the channel
That would be great as I am finding it hard to find other revision material
Reply 9
IMG_1212.PNG
Original post by ibbykhan811

Grear I made it!! This is the channel . Make sure you search by channel not by video. I wrote in the description what I will be uploading. I will also include how to structure an A* essay and model answers
Reply 10
Original post by ibbykhan811

Tell your classmates though as Im uploading when I have more people interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending