ElenaK518
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone else struggling to do wider reading for this AS? I can't understand what the examiner is looking for.
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ElenaK518)
Anyone else struggling to do wider reading for this AS? I can't understand what the examiner is looking for.
Wider reading? I've done that exam so many times and wider reading is not a requirement. It can be useful, but not essential. What don't you understand?
ElenaK518
Rep:
?
(Original post by clucky_chick)
Wider reading? I've done that exam so many times and wider reading is not a requirement. It can be useful, but not essential. What don't you understand?
It's a new exam that's just come out this academic year. The textbook came out in March, 2 months before the exam. Teachers keep telling me that I can't score more than an E without it, but wider reading doesn't tend to tell me much more than what we've done in the lesson.
clucky_chick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a new exam that's just come out this academic year. The textbook came out in March, 2 months before the exam. Teachers keep telling me that I can't score more than an E without it, but wider reading doesn't tend to tell me much more than what we've done in the lesson.
Ah right, I thought they only updated the specification slightly from last year? Do you still do epistemology alongside philosophy of Religion?
ElenaK518
Rep:
?
Ah right, I thought they only updated the specification slightly from last year? Do you still do epistemology alongside philosophy of Religion?
Nope. Just philosophy and ethics (paley's teleo, aquinas' cosmo, anselm's onto, evil and suffering, religious experiences, natural moral law, situation ethics, virtue ethics and applications plus some religion stuff)
clucky_chick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope. Just philosophy and ethics (paley's teleo, aquinas' cosmo, anselm's onto, evil and suffering, religious experiences, natural moral law, situation ethics, virtue ethics and applications plus some religion stuff)
Ah, okay. I'm on a different spec, just ignore me haha
ElenaK518
Rep:
?
Ah, okay. I'm on a different spec, just ignore me haha
I don't know anyone outside my class of 6 doing it
zhaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello guys . I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of making YouTube videos for A2 AQA Philosophy as I have notes on all the topics and also many A* essays. Would this be of interest to you and your peers? If I get enough people interested I will deffo make the channel
ibbykhan811
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That would be great as I am finding it hard to find other revision material
zhaw
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  IMG_1212.PNG
Views: 152
Size:  362.1 KB
(Original post by ibbykhan811)
Grear I made it!! This is the channel . Make sure you search by channel not by video. I wrote in the description what I will be uploading. I will also include how to structure an A* essay and model answers
zhaw
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ibbykhan811)
Tell your classmates though as Im uploading when I have more people interested
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise