The Student Room Group

I found out that the word relationship is an euphemism for romantic relationship.

I have no idea when people became "too lazy" to say the word romantic.
Original post by FelineSJW

I've heard politicians talk about the "special relationship" between the UK and the USA. Is that...really what they've been talking about?!
Reply 2
Original post by FelineSJW
:facepalm2:
>SJW

I see.
Reply 4
Thanks for the info.
Reply 5
Omggg
It is slightly inconvenient, since you can't describe your relationship with other people without adding qualifiers and somebody assuming you mean romantic
Reply 7
Original post by Athematica
It is slightly inconvenient since you can't describe your relationship with other people without adding qualifiers and somebody assuming you mean romantic

It can be quite annoying. I wish people would stop thinking that the word relationship means romantic relationship. That's not even what the word means!

I can't ask my friends how our relationship is, I have to ask them how our friendship is, a friendship is a type of relationship! I should be able to use the word relationship without it being thought of romantic!
I don't know relevant this is, but what is it with relationships and people nowadays? Is it a relationship people are going after or is it intimacy or loneliness people struggle with? You do realise you can find satisfaction in yourself, not always in other people, as they *can* let you down. What about going after something that's not necessarily a relationship, like friends, family, hobbies, careers, the future, etc.?

Quote: you will never find your happiness anywhere but within yourself. Love that looks to another human being for completeness is not love, it's dependency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCB_MbYyCYQ

Quick Reply