Revising with nothing to revise from????

Watch
redacrylic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok so my final Computer Science exam is this summer and it time to start revising... The issue at hand is this. There are only 2 past papers, there are no textbooks/revision guides for my exam board (although I have bought some OCR stuff because there is some relevant stuff in their spec) and my teacher, although being very lovely, is an ICT teacher not a computer science teacher so has not been a massive help over the last two years and as a result my notes are poor. I'm feeling very overwhelmed and more than a little screwed. Has anyone got any advice or been in a similar situation to this???

NB: My exam board is WJEC
redacrylic
Rep:
?
Bump
Mya_scotland
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by redacrylic)
Ok so my final Computer Science exam is this summer and it time to start revising... The issue at hand is this. There are only 2 past papers, there are no textbooks/revision guides for my exam board (although I have bought some OCR stuff because there is some relevant stuff in their spec) and my teacher, although being very lovely, is an ICT teacher not a computer science teacher so has not been a massive help over the last two years and as a result my notes are poor. I'm feeling very overwhelmed and more than a little screwed. Has anyone got any advice or been in a similar situation to this???

NB: My exam board is WJEC
Hi, I don't actually take computing science and I am doing national 5's not GCSEs (I live in Scotland) but I use the BBC bitesize website a lot and it's really good for studying/revising, depending on the subjects they have test you can take and revision papers.

Here is the GCSE computing science one http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/z34k7ty

Hope this helps!
redacrylic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mya_scotland)
Hi, I don't actually take computing science and I am doing national 5's not GCSEs (I live in Scotland) but I use the BBC bitesize website a lot and it's really good for studying/revising, depending on the subjects they have test you can take and revision papers.

Here is the GCSE computing science one http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/z34k7ty

Hope this helps!
Thanks I'll be sure to give it a go
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look at the specification and research topics separately on, say, BBC Bitesize, perhaps?

I'd be surprised if there's no revision guides/textbooks out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads