grlbro123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 17 and I'm having a slight pregnancy scare, I've never had one and I'm way too afraid to get a pregnancy test so I was wondering if anyone could tell me any very early symptoms that could point towards it and if so I'll get one I just wondered if there's anything early on I could check I.e weight gain or something before I conquer my stubborn anxiety to get one
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you just get one instead of making yourself become a nervous wreck? Anyway, have you not heard of the women who have symptomless pregnancies and don't realise they are pregnant until they go into labour? If you've had a scare and think there might actually be a possibility of being pregnant, do everyone including yourself a favour and go take a test.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grlbro123)
I'm 17 and I'm having a slight pregnancy scare, I've never had one and I'm way too afraid to get a pregnancy test so I was wondering if anyone could tell me any very early symptoms that could point towards it and if so I'll get one I just wondered if there's anything early on I could check I.e weight gain or something before I conquer my stubborn anxiety to get one
My advice would be to go to your nearest sexual health clinic and get a test. Then if you are pregnant you can get support immediately
username3012046
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If somebody lists symptoms it's likely that you'll scare yourself even more, because they're symptoms that everyone can have - or they can be caused by anxiety and stress. A test will give you an almost instant answer and then you can focus on dealing with the truth rather than driving yourself up the wall.
EmilyLouiseR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The only way you can put your mind at rest is to buy a pregnancy test. You can get store brand ones which are only about £3-£4.
I no it's hard to not think about it once it's in your head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been there over the years with a few pregnancy scares, even while on the pill and only one time the scare turned out to be real. I know the fear and dread of taking a test but seriously, its the only way to know for sure. When I was pregnant that one time, I only took a test because my period was a week late and I was on the pill and recovering from pneumonia so I thought the illness and stress from that maybe mucked up my period for that month and I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms whatsoever, I could have bet my life that I wasn't pregnant and when in actual fact, I was just past 5 weeks pregnant.

I became paranoid after that scare and I convinced myself I had all the pregnancy symptoms in the book but nope, each test came back negative and a heavy bleed on the pill eventually came.

There's nothing worse than wondering "what if?" and as scary as it is to take a test, you have to know for sure. On the unlikely chance you are pregnant, you have to know asap so you can work out your options and what is best for you. If you decide to keep the baby then you have to know you are pregnant so you can give up things like booze and cigarettes and live more healthily and then if you decide to have an abortion, you need to do that before a certain time.
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The problem is there isn't a single symptom that points to early pregnancy directly. All the symptoms point to loads of other things too
Weight gain: Could simply be you've eaten too much salt or sugar and are bloating
Stress: Could be anything
Headache: Could be dehydrated

you need to take a test x
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ummmm
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Cramps, breast pains, back pains, mood swings, morning sickness
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise