Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about women who breastfeed their babies in public?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    They are well within their rights to do so.

ReputationRep:
    On a park bench is rather different from in a restaurant and I think most women can use their discretion in deciding whether it is appropriate or not to breast feed. I'm not particularly bothered but I like it when women wear those muslin sheets to preserve their modesty

ReputationRep:
    I think breast feeding is a completely natural thing to do and I really don't understand why people find it offensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I think breast feeding is a completely natural thing to do and I really don't understand why people find it offensive.
    So is taking a dump but I wouldn't do that in a public place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Why not. The problem is with society.

ReputationRep:
    Why not. The problem is with society.
    Do you think society should encourage public defecation?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think society should encourage public defecation?
    Not really. I just think that things like that shouldn't be considered offensive and it should be up to the individual and if they want to then fine as long as they clear it up.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I just think that things like that shouldn't be considered offensive and it should be up to the individual and if they want to then fine as long as they clear it up.
    So, IYO, it would be perfectly acceptable for me to take a dump in a Park while you are enjoying your lunchtime sandwich so long as I scoop up my doings afterwards?

Are you sure about that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So, IYO, it would be perfectly acceptable for me to take a dump in a Park while you are enjoying your lunchtime sandwich so long as I scoop up my doings afterwards?

Are you sure about that? :confused:
    *snigger*

I have nothing purposeful to add, but felt that that needed a reaction of some description.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely indifferent to breastfeeding in public. People seem to be getting more and more uptight about things that show sexuality in public. They're breasts! We've become so protective of our sexuality that we are uncomfortable around anyone who's not afraid to show their sexuality in public. I think that if the mothers who are breastfeeding in public are comfortable enough with their breasts that they can feed their children in public without feeling strange, then all power to them.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see a problem, I mean, the kind of clothes people wear today, why should it be offensive. Now if we were as modest as the victorian times...

ReputationRep:
    Hope you have some toilet roll with you

ReputationRep:
    Its fine if they cover their breast with a blanket, but i find it off putting to see someone’s saggy tits when im eating/drinking in a cafe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Its fine if they cover their breast with a blanket, but i find it off putting to see someone’s saggy tits when im eating/drinking in a cafe.
    I have been with friends who have breastfed in public and if I wasnt sitting next to them I wouldnt notice they were doing it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have been with friends who have breastfed in public and if I wasnt sitting next to them I wouldnt notice they were doing it at all.
    But us men have a sixth sense that alerts us if there are naked breasts in close proximity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    You need more milk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You need more milk?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note you can prepare breastmilk for your child using pumps I think so then you feed the child in public like any other child with a bottle of milk

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what is particularly wrong with breast feeding, no matter what the location may be. In my time as a McDonald's manager, I took note of my boss asking a lady if she could possible breast feed her child somewhere else. The lady replied that the baby required feeding at that moment and that he really had no right to be asking her to feed her child elsewhere. My boss then motioned toward the toiled. The lady replied rather well by asking about the last time my boss had ever eaten in a toilet. End of that discussion.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.