Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note you can prepare breastmilk for your child using pumps I think so then you feed the child in public like any other child with a bottle of milk
    Breast feeding is actrually good for the mother and child. For the mother it reduces their liklyhood of contracting various ailments including, I think, breast cancer. For babies actrually suckling the nipple is important with the development of the childs mouth, and babies who are not breast fed long enough are more likely to suffer from speech difficulties.

Personally I think that if a mother breast feeding will help the future health and happiness of her and her child, then I can avert my gaze for five minutes. To be fair I've never seen anyone breast feed (well, I can't remember seeing anyone - I suppose I must have when I was a baby really), but I can't see that a mother caring for her child is a particular turn on in my book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    What do you think about women who breastfeed their babies in public?
    Britanny spears and Christina Aguilera flashes more skin in any of their Music videos AND THEY ARE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. If you find it disturbing its simply to look another way. Its not as if there is THAT many wommen out with their babies breast feeding wherever you go. You dont HAVE to stare at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Britanny spears and Christina Aguilera flashes more skin in any of their Music videos AND THEY ARE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. If you find it disturbing its simply to look another way. Its not as if there is THAT many wommen out with their babies breast feeding wherever you go. You dont HAVE to stare at them.
    You forgot Madonna

ReputationRep:
    Why do i have to avert my gaze? it is they who should cover the breast with a towel. I’m sure alot of people would object if i picked the fluff out of my belly button in public.

(BTW i wouldn’t object if Britney whipped em out in public )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You forgot Madonna
    No, I deliberately leaved her out as it is debatable whether she is really human or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Why do i have to avert my gaze? it is they who should cover the breast with a towel. I’m sure alot of people would object if i picked the fluff out of my belly button in public.

(BTW i wouldn’t object if Britney whipped em out in public )
    So I guess we should all start wearing Burka's then... Please. There is honestly a lot more scary things you may end up seeing at the subway than a mother breastfeeding.

ReputationRep:
    No, I deliberately leaved her out as it is debatable whether she is really human or not
    ROFL!!

ReputationRep:
    So I guess we should all start wearing Burka's then... Please. There is honestly a lot more scary things you may end up seeing at the subway than a mother breastfeeding.

Its not scary i agree, i just do not want to see the saggy tits of a breastfeeding mum (especially while im eating), it’s off putting. I saw a woman breastfeeding recently and she covered her breast with a towel, this is fine.

ReputationRep:
    There is honestly a lot more scary things you may end up seeing at the subway than a mother breastfeeding.
    Care to expand?

ReputationRep:
    Care to expand?
    Perhaps scary was not the propper word. Discusting would be more descriptive....

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps scary was not the propper word. Discusting would be more descriptive....
    Ah I understand then, though I don't use the underground much as I'm outside of a major city. I haven't seen much personally which come as disgusting except for graffiti (sp) but have heard of a few stories from a female friend in London

ReputationRep:
    Ah I understand then, though I don't use the underground much as I'm outside of a major city. I haven't seen much personally which come as disgusting except for graffiti (sp) but have heard of a few stories from a female friend in London
    I saw a woman giving a man a hand job on the Northern Line.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a woman giving a man a hand job on the Northern Line.
    You had to say that didn't you? Did they see you saw them? This is where this stuff happens. I don't know, may be my female friend saw that incident too. Only a hand.......get and....*ahem*

Got back from the nightclub?

ReputationRep:
    You had to say that didn't you? Did they see you saw them? This is where this stuff happens. I don't know, may be my female friend saw that incident too. Only a hand.......get and....*ahem*

Got back from the nightclub?
    It was on a Sunday afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    It was on a Sunday afternoon.
    Isn't it busy then?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it busy then?
    Yup, VERY! they were off their heads, on what i do not know.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, VERY! they were off their heads, on what i do not know.
    Who were off their heads? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Who were off their heads? :confused:
    The two exhibitionists.

ReputationRep:
    The two exhibitionists.
    That's one word to call them. Wouldn't bother me if I saw them, not exactly nothing I haven't seen before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    What do you think about women who breastfeed their babies in public?
    it's perfectly normal.......why should a mother let her child starve

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.