?
Report 2 years ago
Nope, just tastes good.
draculaura
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a bit biased cause I'm a vegetarian so no, I don't think it is ethical to eat meat. However, people can do as they like - others don't have the right to force people into a certain diet.
I just think all creatures have the right to life and walk freely on the earth - and meat industries don't allow that. Yeah I get the whole "law of the jungle" crap and that all animals eat each other, but we have morals and superiority - and I think we should use that for good.
But yeah, it can be argued either way. Both sides are legitimate
Mistreater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Nope, just tastes good.
This. Plus it's the quickest and easiest way for me to get my dose of protein I need after a work out.

(I'm typing this whilst eating sausages and bacon funnily enough. :mmm:)
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on how the animal died, but it is unethical to sustain many common farming practices. If an animal died of natural causes I'm not convinced there is any reasonable moral objection to eating it.
ASHWHS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im a vegatrianne and for me i prefer to not do it but i think its fine if others want to. If your undecisded watch earthlings and cowspiracy. You can get all your nutrients for a vegatrainne diet apart from b12 and you only get that from animals as they are injected with it!
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Let's get ethical, ethical. I wanna get ethical.
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes God made animals for them to be eaten
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As above. I watched a documentary ages ago about 'roadkill vegetarians' (yes, really), and while their choices are a bit - unusual - I don't see anything unethical about choosing to eat something that has died of natural causes/been killed by accident.

What I do think is unethical is the way we treat animals who are farmed for the table. Most of the meat-eating friends I have tend to agree; they just push the thought to the backs of their minds because, for them, the benefits of eating meat outrank the ethical concern, which is completely their choice. I also think it's unethical, as a consumer, to contribute to the environmental damage caused by mass-farming but again, if people choose differently, it's up to them. I've never been particularly puritanical about vegetarianism; mostly I wish people who eat meat would eat a bit less of it, if they don't want to give it up altogether.

Why do you ask, OP? Personal consideration, or just musing?
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RazorM)
^^^^
The animals we eat would've been killed by others, or had greater completion within themselves #PopulationRegulation #DensityDependentFactors #:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:BiologyRevison
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Modern commercial farming isn't ethical but otherwise, I'm a meat eater and proud
RVNmax
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
The animals we eat would've been killed by others, or had greater completion within themselves #PopulationRegulation #DensityDependentFactors #:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:BiologyRevison
"Farming"
Ryū
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, foodchains exist.
BrainyBengali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They've been placed on Earth for us to care for, nuture but also consume too. But farming + slaughter practices are quite unethical nowadays imo
Count Bezukhov
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I eat meat because I like the taste of it and I'd be really depressed without it, but I agree that vegetarians have the right to feel morally superior to me. Eating meat is unethical, but as long as the animal is treated humanely (sadly this isn't always the case), I think it is a necessary evil to improve the quality of human life, for those who wish to eat it. I am very much in favour of strong animal rights and very high standards of animal welfare though, and I think more needs to be done to ensure animals do not suffer, even if this means paying a bit more for animal products.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
The animals we eat were specifically bred - their parents specifically artificially inseminated - for them to be eaten. They would never have existed if there was no demand for their meat.
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think the principle of eating meat is unethical, however I think the factory farming practices we use to make as much profit out of animals as possible is unethical. I don't eat meat, I would prefer not to partake in the animal agriculture business, but it is up to everyone to decide how they feel about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
The animals we eat were specifically bred - their parents specifically artificially inseminated - for them to be eaten. They would never have existed if there was no demand for their meat.
Fish farming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed