Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol im going to a uni that lets ppl on a psychology course with just 3 AS levels and 1 A2 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It happens dude. Knuckle down and get through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stan G)
    It happens dude. Knuckle down and get through it.
    will it effect my chances of becoming a psychologist? i mean i only got C D E

ReputationRep:
    So are thousands of other people, what's the big deal eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    It'll only affect it if you let it. Even the people who got 6 A's will have to work just as hard to become whatever they want to be. Too much is made of results and uni's in my opinion. Hard work is required where ever you go and as long as you're prepared to do it, you can. I know my results last year gave me a real kick up the backside.

ReputationRep:
    Look! I got BCCC ( the B is in psychology) today and I am doing Psychology at Uni and I started crying and thought I wasn't going to get in. My Psychology teacher said she will phone them and find out, I have got in! My Psych' teacher said it doesn't matter about A Levels, employers aren't interested and people aren't even interested in her degree result these days...overtime when you are doing your degree, it doesn't matter! She told me to be extremely proud, especially with what I have been through and how far I have come.
    You got into University...you are doing a degree, more than any other person has EVER achieved! Least you aren't dying with cancer in hospital, or completely failed...or even have no qualifications at all!
    Stand tall...head up and BE PROUD!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The important thing is now you work hard at university, if you can get a 2:1 or 1st then you will probably get a good job. Which university is this btw?

ReputationRep:
    he's going to bolton institute - i think...

ReputationRep:
    There's no denying that it does help if you got to a decent uni. But I think most important thing is work experience. Try and get **** loads, whenever possible then you'll be much more employable, and it'll look **** hot on the old CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Look! I got BCCC ( the B is in psychology) today and I am doing Psychology at Uni and I started crying and thought I wasn't going to get in. My Psychology teacher said she will phone them and find out, I have got in! My Psych' teacher said it doesn't matter about A Levels, employers aren't interested and people aren't even interested in her degree result these days...overtime when you are doing your degree, it doesn't matter! She told me to be extremely proud, especially with what I have been through and how far I have come.
    You got into University...you are doing a degree, more than any other person has EVER achieved! Least you aren't dying with cancer in hospital, or completely failed...or even have no qualifications at all!
    Stand tall...head up and BE PROUD!!!!!!!!
    Nice post. You may be blonde by name but definitely not by nature. It's all too easy to get depressed on this board seeing all the people typing the capital A's. Realise that this board attracts only the brightest students and not everyone is grabbing four As.

ReputationRep:
    i got b d and e!
    b for drama which im doing at uni!
    there are so many people in ur position....loads of my friends didnt even pass one a level. but it could be worse. at least ur going to uni. my close friend suddenly passed away before the exams. when i feel down about my grades i just think of her.
    theres no need 2 worry! as long as ur studying something you enjoy and YOU like the uni then who cares what anyone else thinks!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Nice post. You may be blonde by name but definitely not by nature. It's all too easy to get depressed on this board seeing all the people typing the capital A's. Realise that this board attracts only the brightest students and not everyone is grabbing four As.
    That's if they are telling the truth...which I doubt most of them are doing. But I don't care, they are in denial - not me...hehehe, I am so happy! I am off to University at long last The beginning of the rest of your life...

That's if they are telling the truth...which I doubt most of them are doing. But I don't care, they are in denial - not me...hehehe, I am so happy! I am off to University at long last The beginning of the rest of your life...
    I believe them, why would people make up their results? It is an educational forum, lets face it, people who vandalise public toilets and fail all of their exams aren't going to join UKL, are they? However, I don't think highly of people who get all A's, I know it's amazing but people work just as hard to get something like horrorboy probably, they were just lucky enough to be born clever. What really annoys me is people who could get A's but get B's...argh! (Though that's probably me in a weeks time...)

It depends. [I hope this is all right.. it's from when my bf applied for psychology... some time ago now!]

If the course is not BPS accredited you may have problems and have to take further exams before you can start training to be, say, a clinical psychologist. In general courses at less prestigious unis are less likely to be accredited, but it might be.

It's also worth remembering quite how competitive psychology is as a field, because it's a very popular degree etc...

Not saying you can't be, but look into other career paths that might interest you as well, just in case - and check the BPS accreditation

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    The important thing is now you work hard at university, if you can get a 2:1 or 1st then you will probably get a good job. Which university is this btw?
    bolton institute :rolleyes: its only just got its status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    It depends. [I hope this is all right.. it's from when my bf applied for psychology... some time ago now!]

If the course is not BPS accredited you may have problems and have to take further exams before you can start training to be, say, a clinical psychologist. In general courses at less prestigious unis are less likely to be accredited, but it might be.

It's also worth remembering quite how competitive psychology is as a field, because it's a very popular degree etc...

Not saying you can't be, but look into other career paths that might interest you as well, just in case - and check the BPS accreditation

rosie
    yea it has BPS accreditation thats why i assume theres some catch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    There's no denying that it does help if you got to a decent uni.

I deny that all the time

ReputationRep:
    Where is ur course? As long as its acredited by the BPS then your fine. If it isnt you'll just have to do a bit of extra study before you start your postgrad.
    Be proud of yourself. I got 12 Ucas points (many years ago!) and went to liverpool John moores for my degree and will be at Liverpool uni uni next year doing my clinical psychology doctorate.
    It really doesnt matter at all where you go as longas when u get there you work hard and get lots of work experience.

ReputationRep:
    You got into University...you are doing a degree, more than any other person has EVER achieved!
    unfortunately that doesnt mean much anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    unfortunately that doesnt mean much anymore.
    Thats true

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.