Turn on thread page Beta

crap results crap university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    (whatever less respected mean, because it means crap)
    you don't think that some universities are more respected by people (employers/general public/academics) than others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    That is how I choose mine, I knew people who have done well so I thought that has to bebetter than any league tables. I did turn down a university as well and decided not to bother if that was the only offer I got.
    the difference is that you're well informed and actually express opinion that is worth reading.

Why roll eyes ( :rolleyes: ) at building work...you haven't seen our building site, it was right next to the frigging window, that would affect ANYONE's concentration, it's a well known fact. Surely you should know that now...hmmmmmmm?
    No I never once said I would rather go to a less respected university (whatever less respected mean, because it means crap) I said it doesn't bother me not going to a 'top' university, I chose mine purely on location and recommendation and my university is respected thank you!
    Did everyone else in your year lose 2 or 3 grades from their predictions as well?

I think you did say that:

"Yep! I totally agree! I have morals and would rather be at a less respected university also"

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....8&postcount=52

rosie

ReputationRep:
    No...I wouldn't even dare apply there, Oxbridge look at schooling and well-known surnames, it's a fact. Good to those who got accepted from working class backgrounds or those who attended comprehensive education, but I can bet money on it that it is a minority!
    Errm....What the hell are you on about?

I went to a shithole of school abroad, where the average person sat 3 GCSEs and failed them all. My teachers could not speak a word of English, and I could not speak their language. My classroom was set on fire on a number of occasions, and it was about 50 degrees there everyday.

I am by no means of noble breed. I shall be treating your future students for injuries sustained when they are bullied by others for being taught how to be narrow minded, arrogant and immodest with a degree from a very immoral, eilitist, rich-boy university full of private school scum.

Thanks

Visesh

ReputationRep:
    OK, I think blonde thin chic, doesn't really grasp English that well, let's look at the first few comments on the first page

You got into University...you are doing a degree, more than any other person has EVER achieved!
    Fair enough, BlondeFatChic is being nice:

(Original post by vienna95)
    unfortunately that doesnt mean much anymore.
    Notice how Vienna95 says 'unfortunately', and not just plain 'that doesnt mean much anymore', she is empathising you muppet!

Oh shut up! Who are you? My Psychology teacher knows what she is talking about, she has been going more than you, done her degree and been at it for many years. She even said when it comes to employers such as psychology or indeed teaching they don't get care where you obtained your degree! Stop being sooooooooooo obsessed, it's becoming boring!!!
    Well, lets be pedantic (Thanks Timeofyourlife, lol). Firstly your the one who told a member to shut up, Vienna wasn't being sincere but expressing her view and not trying to disguise it with ice cream. Then you go all insultive, which there was no need for. Your Psychology teacher, ehh? I could be nasty and tell you not to believe everything a teachers says, maybe the teacher was just comforting you. Another thing Vienna95 I can assure you isn't in the least bit interested in University League tables, she doesn't even live in the UK for **** sake. All I can summise is that your the instigator of this whole pathetic argument, so kindly shut the **** up.

No...I wouldn't even dare apply there, Oxbridge look at schooling and well-known surnames, it's a fact.
    Oh do they ? Have any evidence at all of this "fact", do you?

By the way, what surnames are these? Smith? (that's probably THE most well-known surname..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    the difference is that you're well informed and actually express opinion that is worth reading.
    AT comes across as sometimes 'unhappy' , however he is still a member who can form arguments and actually debate and can actually hold an intellectual discussion without resorting to callous insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

By the way, what surnames are these? Smith? (that's probably THE most well-known surname..)
    we can't have any smiths going to oxford, don't forget the name has to be double-barrelled for entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Jones, lol.

we can't have any smiths going to oxford, don't forget the name has to be double-barrelled for entry.
    what about my cousin, Lord Smart? think he'd have stood a chance? (his first name is lord...hehehe)

ReputationRep:
    i think this argument should probably be allowed to die before the blonde jokes kick in.

ReputationRep:
    i think this argument should probably be allowed to die before the blonde jokes kick in.
    Party pooper, but they are sooooo funny.

Did you hear about the blonde tap dancer? She fell down the sink. Sorry couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    what about my cousin, Lord Smart? think he'd have stood a chance? (his first name is lord...hehehe)
    i doubt it. didn't his third cousin (twice removed) go to a *comprehensive* school? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it. didn't his third cousin (twice removed) go to a *comprehensive* school? :eek:
    EEK! Bloody comprehensives, don't you know, they gotta fill up quotas.

hehehhehehee
    id rept you but i cant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    EEK! Bloody comprehensives, don't you know, they gotta fill up quotas.
    back in my day we only had to mention the words 'oxford' or 'cambridge' to get a slap around the hand with a ruler for being over-ambitious.

ReputationRep:
    back in my day we only had to mention the words 'oxford' or 'cambridge' to get a slap around the hand with a ruler for being over-ambitious.
    Rofl, this is starting to be comical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Rofl, this is starting to be comical.
    maybe this thread should be allowed to die, after all it did answer horrorboy's questions (which everyone was happy to respond to until the pointless debate kicked in).

ReputationRep:
    thanks evry1

ReputationRep:
    I shall conclude my opinion on this matter simply because I have had 830ml of coke so I can't sleep yet.

Comprehensives - These have their place but I am not totally convinced they work, however the old mandatory 11+ exams had its problems as well. If you can get in a good one then you can get a decent education from them.

Grammar Schools - These work well providing the 11+ is just optional.

Private schools - Ok this is the big debate and I am too tired for it, if you're parents have the money then I guess they are ok, but I would rather send my kids to a grammar school because its free and less elitist.

Crap Unis - They have their place and if you can do well from them, however going to 'uni' just to have a 'laff with me mates' is in most cases a waste of everybody's time and effort.

We all aim for the best universities we can get into but some times other contrainsts get in the way, this why its unfair to say places like Bolton are full of A level failures as its possible some of their students have A's.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.