GCSE Motivation and time managment problems

Watch
b.w.s.o
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
1)I know the significance of my GCSE's and I've already started revision. The problem is there are days where I can easily work and there are days where I just find revision to daunting to even start. I know I have the potential to do well but I don't know how to combat my mixed feelings towards revision. There are days where I'm really positive and there are days where I would rather just do something else.
2)Concerning time management I have a revision time table but I don't stick to it. It seems quite silly but I don't know how to structure a revision time table properly as I feel as I've not making enough time for certain subjects. Also I don't know how to stick to my timetable which is a problem.
3)My last question is surrounding GCSE and A-levels which is are their any tips on how to learn something more efficiently and effectively which aren't common tips. Additionally, how do I learn without memorising as I typically memorise for all tests I do(as part of cramming) and I want to stop as I've noticed memorisation isn't how you learn.
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by b.w.s.o)
1)I know the significance of my GCSE's and I've already started revision. The problem is there are days where I can easily work and there are days where I just find revision to daunting to even start. I know I have the potential to do well but I don't know how to combat my mixed feelings towards revision. There are days where I'm really positive and there are days where I would rather just do something else.
2)Concerning time management I have a revision time table but I don't stick to it. It seems quite silly but I don't know how to structure a revision time table properly as I feel as I've not making enough time for certain subjects. Also I don't know how to stick to my timetable which is a problem.
3)My last question is surrounding GCSE and A-levels which is are their any tips on how to learn something more efficiently and effectively which aren't common tips. Additionally, how do I learn without memorising as I typically memorise for all tests I do(as part of cramming) and I want to stop as I've noticed memorisation isn't how you learn.
It's important that you're self motivated if you really want something in life you'll do it no matter what the circumstances are. Try and prioritize subjects which you feel you could do much better in and the same time focus on the ones you know. Make sure to have breaks as long periods of revising doesn't tend to stick in. Some tips I would suggest is that keep doing past papers and understand the questions. The things you get wrong look up on them and work on your mistakes. Watch videos as it's good visualize something. Use colour in your notes if that helps you. Hope this helps. Best of luck!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads