Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Join me in this day of absolute and sheer dissapoinment and lets cry together

p.s got an A in eco, B in law, C in politics and thanks to the magnificent E in maths i shall say godbye to my chances of doing an econ degree at a good uni. A special salute goes to my maths teachers (up yours) without whom I wouldnt be here today.

p.s.s got a B in Gen. Studies \o/
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Alexdel)

p.s got an A in eco, B in law, C in politics and thanks to the magnificent E in maths i shall say godbye to my chances of doing an econ degree at a good uni. A special salute goes to my maths teachers (up yours) without whom I wouldnt be here today.

ABBCE are great results.

You could technically get onto this course: http://www.soton.ac.uk/prospectus/ugc/G1NH.html (http://www.maths.soton.ac.uk/recruit/combined3a.phtml ) if you wanted - it doesn't specify a grade in maths just a maths A level - which you've got. And you match the other requirements with ease.

What is it about economics that appeals to you?

ReputationRep:

*hugs* Hope you find a course/uni that is right for you, and PQ's right...those are good results!

ReputationRep:
    great results well done!

ReputationRep:

I got:

Law A
    Computing A
    Chemistry B (missed an A by a few marks)
    Human Biology E (my crap teacher was to blame, everyone got E's and we all worked hard) :mad: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Floppppppp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supreme)
    Chemistry B (missed an A by a few marks)
    Loads of people seem to be doing that. I missed an A in chemistry by three marks.

ReputationRep:
    I got BBCC

I was hoping for an A in economics (b), and Bs in Chem and Maths (both Cs).

The only result I was pleased with was history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Loads of people seem to be doing that. I missed an A in chemistry by three marks.
    Module 3 I missed an A by one mark, it is strange maybe it is just because of exam stress or AQA marking is crap :confused:

Don't blame your maths teacher for a crap grade, it can't have been solely their fault, if you knew they were rubbish before now its up to you to do waht it takes to improve, dont blame them for your bad results, it was you that sat the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boris)
    Don't blame your maths teacher for a crap grade, it can't have been solely their fault, if you knew they were rubbish before now its up to you to do waht it takes to improve, dont blame them for your bad results, it was you that sat the exam.
    I agree to an extent. I taught myself Economics AS and got a B grade, which was the best in the class. Maybe I was better off without the teacher lol? Nah only jokin he is a good teacher, Im just not sure that the class was that interested lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boris)

NEarly everyone in the class got an E or less...coincidence? or are we all that stupid. Considering that I and others did much better in other subjects and flopped maths...and btw knew there would be one who would come in and reply in such a way ...its a thread for whose who flopped...can u pls shooo from here, right now i dont need your moralism.

ReputationRep:

I actually think you did quite well. I'm sorry though, if the results weren't what you expected. Is it AS or A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I missed an A in chemistry by three marks too. BBCC overall. Was expecting AABC to be honest but at the end of the day I got the grades that I needed so I've got to be satisfied.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.