2 weeks to cram help

Watch
studyhelp101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey TSR, I am currently 16days until my first National Exams, I've done some studying over the easter break however now it's finally dawned on me that these count for something, I'm feeling rather panicked. What should I do with the limit time I have left, I'm taking 9 subjects with 2 years of work and would say there aren't some sections I am struggling with, if you have any further questions that would help you to answer this questions I will be happy to answer as advice is urgent thank you xx

UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by studyhelp101)
Hey TSR, I am currently 16days until my first National Exams, I've done some studying over the easter break however now it's finally dawned on me that these count for something, I'm feeling rather panicked. What should I do with the limit time I have left, I'm taking 9 subjects with 2 years of work and would say there aren't some sections I am struggling with, if you have any further questions that would help you to answer this questions I will be happy to answer as advice is urgent thank you xx
Focus on revising the subjects that need more attention and attempt practice papers for the subjects that you are confident with. Try not to worry too much, you need to use the time you have left to revise for your exams. Create a revision timetable and stick to it, don't overdo your revision and make sure you take breaks in between.
Niyi Aderounmu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Focus on revising the subjects that need more attention and attempt practice papers for the subjects that you are confident with. Try not to worry too much, you need to use the time you have left to revise for your exams. Create a revision timetable and stick to it, don't overdo your revision and make sure you take breaks in between.
What about being in a position where you have loose/little knowledge of the content but want to practice past papers? Would doing it open-book, help?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
What about being in a position where you have loose/little knowledge of the content but want to practice past papers? Would doing it open-book, help?
Personally, I'm not a fan of it since recalling your knowledge from memory is better than looking it up in a book and writing the answers down. If you do some revision, then attempt a past paper, you'll find your weaknesses and then you can go off and revise those parts.
Niyi Aderounmu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Personally, I'm not a fan of it since recalling your knowledge from memory is better than looking it up in a book and writing the answers down. If you do some revision, then attempt a past paper, you'll find your weaknesses and then you can go off and revise those parts.
Yeah that's true, for a subject like Economics for example, what would be the quickest way to revise all of the topics within the syallabus especially given that time is fastly approaching to the exams?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
Yeah that's true, for a subject like Economics for example, what would be the quickest way to revise all of the topics within the syallabus especially given that time is fastly approaching to the exams?
Break down the topics you need to revise into chunks and create a revision timetable. Allocate blocks of time for each topic and leave yourself a couple of days to do some past papers. You could create a mind map, it works well with heavy subjects which involve a lot of in depth content. I did that for Psychology for A-Levels and it was really useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise