Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Grades of members on UKL watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Finally, I knew my results. I got 4A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    I dont mean to rain on the parade, but there is no real way to find out if some of them are lying, so there may be few of the academically elite on here but I have a feeling that atleast one person is lying...
    why on earth would anyone bother lying on an internet forum?

ReputationRep:
    I still can't believe it.
    I got 4 A grades in Bio/Chem/Maths/French
    + Distinction in French AEA!

Full license to get completely pissed tonight (well, I would have done that anyway....)

ReputationRep:
    Got 4 A's including General Studies. Others were Chem, Bio and Maths. Got into Cam to do Vet Med. Am so happy. My gf got into Cam too to do Russian and Italian, she got 5 A's. Scary huh?!?

P.S. On a side note i'm not going out with her only for her brains...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...226967,00.html

Woa

ReputationRep:
    DDE and proud. k?

ReputationRep:
    As i suspected UKL is elitist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Got 4 A's including General Studies. Others were Chem, Bio and Maths. Got into Cam to do Vet Med. Am so happy. My gf got into Cam too to do Russian and Italian, she got 5 A's. Scary huh?!?

P.S. On a side note i'm not going out with her only for her brains...
    aww that's so great that you've managed to get into camb together!! well done to the both of u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    aww that's so great that you've managed to get into camb together!! well done to the both of u
    My ex is applying to Oxford :eek: . I think it is in spite...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    DDE and proud. k?

what i say is, if you have done to the best of your ability, no matter what that is, then well done. if not then you know what you should have done.

anyone on this forum who feels undermined because they didn't get straight A's.....don't be. it's just a coincidence that so many people who post regularly on this forum get these grades. if the majority of people who posted got C/D's, then they'd all be happy about achieving that as well...cos at the end of the day, it's still an achievement to pass an Alevel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    My ex is applying to Oxford :eek: . I think it is in spite...
    hehe....my ex IS at oxford...same course....i wouldn't have applied there anyway though, the course sounds evil from what he's been telling me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Six Dinners Sid)
    because most of the people here get good grades we are elitist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hehe....my ex IS at oxford...same course....i wouldn't have applied there anyway though, the course sounds evil from what he's been telling me
    Lol. We were having a heart to heart last week, and things were looking up until she dropped that bobmshell . Same course as well :eek: and we will be starting at the same year. I bet your ex and you don't have a chance in hell at getting back together now :rolleyes: , unless you are a traitor that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Six Dinners Sid)
    UKL is non-selective, hence it cannot be elitist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    what i say is, if you have done to the best of your ability, no matter what that is, then well done. if not then you know what you should have done.
    i easily have the brains for a couple of B's i would think, possibly more. but im not really too fussed. more important things in life than exams. examples are the internet, gaming, TV, and being generally lazy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got BABe!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. We were having a heart to heart last week, and things were looking up until she dropped that bobmshell . Same course as well :eek: and we will be starting at the same year. I bet your ex and you don't have a chance in hell at getting back together now :rolleyes: , unless you are a traitor that is.
    give up a plush place at a college right next door to a supermarket and within stumbling distance of Monsoon and Next? i dont think so!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    give up a plush place at a college right next door to a supermarket and within stumbling distance of Monsoon and Next? i dont think so!!
    And as I have recently learnt, I am stuck at a commie, uber-political place that is heavily in debt and some people wont touch it with a barge-pole :rolleyes: The Other Place does sound rather appealing now. (jk:P)

ReputationRep:
    where are you two going, then?

ReputationRep:
    And as I have recently learnt, I am stuck at a commie, uber-political place that is heavily in debt and some people wont touch it with a barge-pole :rolleyes: The Other Place does sound rather appealing now. (jk:P)
    don't worry, they're just jealous cos your chapel is bigger and prettier than theirs

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.