Turn on thread page Beta

So, what are your plans now? watch

Announcements

Other - I didn't get AS/A2 results today, no point in me posting here, really.

ReputationRep:
    I put other. Got the grades but going to second choice.

ReputationRep:
    die young

MB

ReputationRep:
    Got an AAB in my first year of a levels . but i finished the whole of pure math and chemistry in one year along with an AS in physics .

Gonna do a 2nd year of a levels in further math ( or Business studies (as+a2) ) and physics A2

ReputationRep:
    I needed BB. I got BC. I expected DE because i was in hospital during my exams.

Southampton say they can't let me know until tomorrow. I don't have an insurance and i'm a resit applicant so everything comes down to this.

It may not be A's. But i'm so proud of my results. I never expected a B in Biology and a C in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Southampton say they can't let me know until tomorrow. I don't have an insurance and i'm a resit applicant so everything comes down to this.

It may not be A's. But i'm so proud of my results. I never expected a B in Biology and a C in Chemistry.
    :hugs: I think they're great grades especially since you were in hospital. I really hope Southampton accept you, and everything works out

(Original post by Sarky)

*Refrains from saying that I'm glad you didn't do physics or you'd have got a P*

Congratulations with those results, it doesn't matter if they're not A's; it just depends on the individual, and not many of the people who got A's had such harsh circumstances probably, you should be proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    :hugs: I think they're great grades especially since you were in hospital. I really hope Southampton accept you, and everything works out
    Thank you so much .

How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    *Refrains from saying that I'm glad you didn't do physics or you'd have got a P*

Congratulations with those results, it doesn't matter if they're not A's; it just depends on the individual, and not many of the people who got A's had such harsh circumstances probably, you should be proud.
    Thanks Ben

(Original post by Sarky)
    Thanks Ben
    What the hell?! You know my name! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Sorry to hear you have to wait another day to find out, but i think the grades you achived are excellent and i really wish you every sucess on your university place, you are a such a determined person and definitely deserve that place - if southampton can't see that well theyre stupid. Best of luck

(Original post by Ramaya)
    Sorry to hear you have to wait another day to find out, but i think the grades you achived are excellent and i really wish you every sucess on your university place, you are a such a determined person and definatley deserve that place - if southampton can't see that well theyre stupid. Best of luck
    What did you get?

(It's "definitely" btw, just remember that it's like infinite...sorry to be pedantic.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    What did you get?

(It's "definitely" btw, just remember that it's like infinite...sorry to be pedantic.)
    Grr you made me change that!
    I'm so awful at english - I really can't do it although I do try!
    *checks for spelling mistakes*
    I got ABC. Kind of annoyed as in chemistry I was 2 marks off an A and in biology I was 4 off a C, so now I have alot to resit, but never mind. OOh a C in general studies :rolleyes:
    *Checks for spelling mistakes finally and submits*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    What the hell?! You know my name! :eek:
    Thats not all i know.....

Sorry to hear you have to wait another day to find out, but i think the grades you achived are excellent and i really wish you every sucess on your university place, you are a such a determined person and definitely deserve that place - if southampton can't see that well theyre stupid. Best of luck
    Thank you . I will let you all know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Thank you so much .

How did you do?
    I did ok, thanks for asking. One of my grades was dire (but expected) but the rest were fairly average (and most near the borderline for a higher grade...grr).

Grr you made me change that!
    I'm so awful at english - I really can't do it although I do try!
    *checks for spelling mistakes*
    I got ABC. Kind of annoyed as in chemistry I was 2 marks off an A and in biology I was 4 off a C, so now I have alot to resit, but never mind. OOh a C in general studies :rolleyes:
    *Checks for spelling mistakes finally and submits*
    I don't mind spelling mistakes, just the word 'definitely' - it's used to often, and people always get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Well done on the results even if you could have done better, hopefully the resists will bump up your grades, since some were so close maybe you should get them remarked?

(Original post by Sarky)
    Thats not all i know.....
    ARGH! What else do you know?

ReputationRep:
    other- a smy course im doing is the double award, so i got to do another yr before i got to uni now.

but i gonna be old before i get a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I did ok, thanks for asking. One of my grades was dire (but expected) but the rest were fairly average (and most near the borderline for a higher grade...grr).

I remember last year i got 4 marks off a D. Oh the shame!! . Well done and hey you never know we might be doing A2 bio together (again for me) although with the best wish in the world i bloody hope not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I don't mind spelling mistakes, just the word 'definitely' - it's used to often, and people always get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Well done on the results even if you could have done better, hopefully the resists will bump up your grades, since some were so close maybe you should get them remarked?
    Ahhh but remarks cost so much!! It's costing me £60 to get photocopies of the stupid papers, let alone what i have to fork out for actually resitting them! Remarking costs if the grade doesn't change I think so that could be alot of extra money on top.

Ahhh but remarks cost so much!! It's costing me £60 to get photocopies of the stupid papers, let alone what i have to fork out for actually resitting them! Remarking costs if the grade doesn't change I think so that could be alot of extra money on top.
    Doesn't the school pay for it? My GCSE stats was 1% from an A and they said that it would cost £20 to remark so I didn't bother, it's not that important.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.